Tax Accountant Job Description:
- Assist in tax compliance including income tax return preparation, extension, and quarterly estimates
- Help with US indirect tax activities including development of sales & use tax returns, business license, annual report and unclaimed property filings
- Assist in federal and/or state and local tax audits and notices
Tax Accountant Qualifications
- Must currently be enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year university in your Junior or Senior year with a 3.0 GPA
- An ideal candidate will be majoring in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be able to work 25-30 hrs per week during the school year and 40 hours during the summer time.
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task well
- Ability to work effectively with others and a proactive attitude to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
Tax Accountant Primary Location: Americas-US-California-Santa Clara
Hitachi, which means “risen sun,” is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The company’s Information & Telecommunications Systems (semiconductors, servers, mainframes, ATMs) brings in the most revenue, followed by Social Infrastructure (elevators, escalators, industrial machinery) and High Functional Materials (wire, cables, specialty steel, circuit boards). Its Electronic Systems & Equipment segment includes specialized manufacturing equipment and power tools. The company is a world leader in consumer goods ranging from TVs to washing machines and in the authority generation equipment. Hitachi also has operations in financial services, automotive systems, and construction machinery.
Responding to such IT changes as cloud computing and business globalization. The company announced it would merge Information & Telecommunication Systems’ units Hitachi Electronics Services (HES) and Hitachi Information Systems (Hitachi Joho) to create Hitachi Systems. Effective in 2011, the combination is designed to strengthen the company’s data center services business in Japan. The move follows Hitachi’s efforts to focus on its most profitable segments and streamline sector management.
When the company announced fiscal 2011 results, it showed improved revenue on the strength of an increase in global demand amid economic recovery and the company’s restructuring and cost-cutting measures. Revenue had declined 10% the prior year due to falling demand, through belt-tightening in 2009 had begun to have a positive effect on net income.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Tax Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.