ING Financial Services for Accountant in Des Moines, IA
What are the job responsibilities?
- complete account reconciliations and analysis through the use of the PeopleSoft financial application, various administrative systems, databases, and spreadsheets
- generate various daily/weekly/monthly management suspense reports
- review and approve suspense and treasury requests
- preparation of journal entries
- preparation and maintenance of procedures/processes to comply with regulatory requirements
- other duties as assigned
Who is our ideal candidate?
- BA in a business concentration (finance or accounting)
- accounting experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- experience with Microsoft Access is preferred
- solid work ethic, attention to detail with the ability to research and resolve accounting issues
- ability to comprehend and analyze transaction flow from an operational and accounting perspective
- well-organized and able to work as part of a team
What else can we tell you?
The Des Moines location offers subsidized parking, an on-site cafeteria, in-house training and development, and a relaxed “enjoy your work” casual work environment.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children, and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in the first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending account available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses, and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING’s diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine’s “Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics.”
Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career website at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm.
If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm).
- The website with the job posting in question.
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We’re a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans, and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company…we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we’re building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a working relationship.