ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies, contacts, and meets with prospective clients to complete a suitability review to assess the financial situation, including investment goals, experience, investment time horizon, risk tolerance and liquidity needs.
- Recommends investment products and services to most effectively meet the needs of the client, based on information obtained.
- Informs customers of benefits and risks of various investment solutions and makes full disclosure as required in conjunction with selling non-deposit investment products.
- Financial Advisor Provides on-going customer service and processes clients’ trade orders and money transfers according to customer requests and within regulatory requirements and company policy.
- Facilitates branch referral and investment goals by organizing call parties, customer appreciation days, etc.
- Conducts annual compliance meeting with all department associates to ensure adherence to FINRA guidelines.
- Meets with existing clients periodically to update customer information and to determine needs for changes in investments or investment strategy.
- Looks for cross-referral opportunities to direct deposit, loans, trust, and insurance business to the bank and provides training to branch associates regarding referrals.
- Maintains proper SDC/SPIC signage and current brochures in assigned branches.
- Completes required continuing education per insurance and securities regulations.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management.
- The Financial Advisor incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an “undue hardship” then the employee must be provided; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
- Requires a high School diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of sales experience, including two years of investments sales.
- Prefer a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- A FINRA Series seven license is required.
- Must have an FINRA Series 66 license or be able to obtain it within the time frame stipulated by the hiring manager. A current series 63 and 65 registration can substitute for the series 66.
Must be able to obtain a multi-state Life Insurance license within 30 days of employment
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- The experienced level of understanding of investment principles, products, and regulations.
- An experienced level of understanding of sales techniques and cross-referral concepts.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Job Title: Financial Advisor
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Morgan City-BRASHR-Brashear – LA
Work Locations: BRASHR-Brashear – LA 1100 Brashear Ave Morgan City 70380
Job Category: Wealth Management/Investments
Organization: Hancock Investment Services, Inc. – Wealth Management – Hancock Investments
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Financial Advisor Consults with clients and prospects to determine course(s) of action designed to help meet their financial and investment goals.
About Hancock Holding Company
Hancock Holding Company (Nasdaq: HBHC) is a multi-faceted financial services company with regional business headquarters and locations throughout a growing Gulf South corridor. With a heritage dating to the late 1800s, the company’s banking subsidiary provides a comprehensive network of full-service financial choices through Hancock Bank locations in Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida and Whitney Bank offices in Louisiana and Texas, including traditional and online banking; commercial and small business banking; energy banking; private banking; trust and investment services; individual insurance services; mortgage services; and consumer financing. More information and online banking are available at www.hancockbank.com and www.whitneybank.com.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Financial Advisor Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.