ECPI University: Student Finance Advisor – Newport News, VA
Student Finance Advisors are responsible for assessing the financial needs of students from a variety of sources including documentation of financial status and personal interviews. Student Finance Advisors package financial aid according to government and University regulations and guidelines.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Online, is a nationally ranked, regionally accredited, private institution offering Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree, diploma and certification programs in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice, and Culinary Arts. For over 45 years, ECPI University has been helping adult and non-traditional students achieve their career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment and working closely with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful on the job. We are looking for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in peoples’ lives.
Student Finance Advisor Primary Responsibilities:
- Advise students about methods to pay for their education, financial aid eligibility, application procedures, financial assistance programs, costs, indebtedness, money management and financial planning; individualizes information to the particular needs and situation of the student.
- Collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine financial aid eligibility and makes awards within federal, donor and/or institutional guidelines.
- Evaluates unusual/mitigating circumstance documentation or information provided to the student; exercises judgment by making adjustment or revisions to costs, contribution, need or dependency status as exceptions to the prescribed process.
- Answers questions, inquiries or requests from students, parents or guardians in person or in writing regarding financial aid programs and eligibility.
- Analyzes various system generated reports such as grades and enrollment status or award status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines; notifies students of changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation.
- Interfaces with students and lenders, employers and/or Student Services staff to resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Student Finance Advisor Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in CampusVue Student database, preferred.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly master new methodologies, technologies, and systems.
- Ability to handle a high-pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
- Able to interact with employees, potential students and outside contacts of all levels, providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and with a team as well as with various constituents
What does ECPI University have to offer?
- A focus on students and academic excellence
- Professional work environment
- Talented and committed co-workers
- An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
To apply >>> Student Finance Advisor Job
More Financial Advisor Jobs >>> Please Click Hire