Software engineer job description: Develop and implement application software systems for internal customer divisions. Supports software applications developed, by troubleshooting and enhancing them when appropriate.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
– Criminal background screening for the past seven years
- Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with an assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Develops software was utilizing object-oriented principles and programming techniques.
- Design useful software applications that include good user interface design, follow City standards for development.
- Works with internal customer divisions to understand their needs for automated systems, articulate various options, and recommend options to stakeholders.
- Works with database team to design efficient database models.
- Collaborates with departmental technical staff to train users on the use of custom software applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited institution and
- Two (2) years of experience in software development, system analysis or design, testing, and implementing software applications.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year for year basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
It is the policy of the city to provide job opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made for an “otherwise qualified applicant” with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Salary: $63,606.40 – $82,496.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Location: Technology Center – 3629 N Drinkwater Blvd, Scottsdale, Arizona
Department: ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.