Audible: Software Development Engineer – Newark, NJ
This is a leadership opportunity with the Feature Enhancement group. This team is building and enhancing features across the web and devices and contributing to the technology infrastructure and platform across Audible. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision in an iterative manner. Success means we lay the foundation for the continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved product.
As an engineering leader on our team you’ll be expected to lead by example, write great code, solve difficult problems, set a high bar for the team around you and help them achieve engineering excellence. We want you to execute your ideas, challenge the status quo and generally make things better. You’ll need the soft-skills too; Communication, influence and passion are key to the success of the team and ultimately the company. You’ll experience all the challenges, ambiguity and opportunities of a new team with a new mission but for the right candidate that’s part of the fun.
Audible is a mission driven, highly profitable media company in hyper-growth. We’re a collection of artists, designers and technologists with a love of literature, performance and the spoken word. We’re the leading provider of audiobooks worldwide with a huge catalog of exclusive content and a first-class listening experience on Kindle, Android and iOS devices. We love our customers and we love our product. We’re on a mission to share great stories with the world and we want you to be a part of that journey.
Within Audible we have built a Feature Enhancement group that owns customer facing features across the Web, devices, and tools. The Feature Enhancement group builds and ships software quickly and with a high bar of engineering excellence that directly benefit our users. The initiatives and features we work on are those most often requested by our customers and those that continue to move the bar for providing a great experience and feature set. The next feature we build will very likely be one at least one of your friends or family members will use on a daily basis and will thank you for. This team uses awesome frameworks and tools to rapidly develop new experiences. We listen to our customers and the tech industry and it’s our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. That’s really an excuse to experiment with things like adaptive streaming, home automation, wearables or even the Raspberry Pi.
- Computer Science Degree (or similar)
- 8+ years of professional experience.
- Java or equivalent OO language, familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience – web + services – If you’ve built something in your spare time send us the link, we’d love to hear about it.
- A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
Don’t worry, we’ll ramp you up, but experience in any of these areas will help you, hit the ground running:
- App development on Android platform, iOS platform, Windows platform
- State of the art Page Framework and web UI development
- Service-oriented architecture
- Building and maintaining very high traffic web services
To apply Software Development Engineer Audible Jobs, Please get it on Indeed.com