Cleveland East Side Cosmetic Manufacturer is looking to add an Entry Level Bookkeeper. The position offers medical benefits, 401k, Profit Sharing and Dental Benefits. Salary based on experience. Candidates must reside in the Greater Cleveland or Akron-Canton area.
Most bookkeeping job descriptions today will require that the bookkeeper be proficient with basic computer programs that relate to business. A modern bookkeeper needs these computer skills:
- Send and receive email
- Keep an email inbox organized
- Use a word processing program like Microsoft Word
- Use a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel
- Keep computer files properly organized placing files in appropriate computer folders
Some bookkeeping job descriptions are for entry level bookkeepers. These requirements usually are for a bookkeeper who will be working along with other more experienced bookkeepers. This would be a job that does not require the employee to develop a bookkeeping system and work without others checking his work for mistakes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Entry and Verification of AP and AR documents
- Recording sales receipts and deposit incoming cash and checks
- Writing and recording checks to vendors and lenders
- Recording wire, ACH and credit card payments
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Properly transferring money between accounts internally
- Filing paper records to validate electronic data
- Monitoring budget comparing to actual income and expenses
- Financially keeps record of organization’s assets and their accounting value
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Excellent Math Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills via Phone and Email
- At least 2 years of accounting education
- Expert Skills in Excel
- Proficient knowledge in accounting software. Knowledge of Syspro-Impact-Encore a plus
- Please send your Resume, salary requirements, and any references (if available)
This may seem complicated, but these tasks can be quickly and proficiently learned by working alongside a knowledgeable bookkeeper for a period of time. The most important parts of the job are paying attention to detail, making sure to use a system of checks and balances to catch mistakes, and keeping an electronic and paper trail that is easy to access and search through.
The bookkeeper is the backbone of the office. Everything in a business has to do with money, and every transaction involving money goes through the bookkeeper. The bookkeeper needs to be aware of the basic operation to properly record transactions.
To apply Art of Beauty Bookeeper gets it on Indeed.com