Accounting Jobs In Birmingham Al as DPO Shared Services Analyst Regions Bank, Regions Financial Corporation is the 10th largest U.S.-based bank, providing retail and commercial banking services, insurance and mortgage products, trusts and securities brokerage. Its Regions Bank subsidiary operates about 1,600 branches and has 2,000 ATMs across the Midwestern U.S. The hours and the teller job was very easy and convenient. I believe that any person who loves Customer Service can work at a Bank and gain a good amount of skills. I recommend Regions to anyone who is looking for a job that has great hours as well as want Holiday time off. The people at the Gulfport Branch were very helpful and we were all a TEAM!
At Regions, as an entry-level member of the Debt Products Organization (DPO) at Regions, the Shared Services Analyst is responsible for supporting teams within the DPO by handling activities common to most/all DPO teams that can be more effectively accomplished in a centralized function. The person in this position is expected to: (1) develop proficient credit and underwriting skills through performing the position’s primary responsibilities/duties and through training provided by Regions; (2) develop relationships with the DPO teams that he/she supports; and (3) join one of those DPO teams after spending demonstrating mastery of responsibilities in Shared Services.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prefer coursework in accounting and finance or equivalent work experience
- Prefer relevant internship or work experience in commercial banking, accounting or finance
- 3.0 or higher GPA
Skills and Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and voice issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Spreads borrower interim and year-end financial statements in Moody’s Risk Analyst (MRA) (and potentially in other software programs as well, if applicable)
- Tests interim and year-end covenant compliance calculations
- Tests interim and year-end benchmarks (if applicable)
- Spreads and analyzes guarantor financial information
- Prepares risk rating models on borrowers and guarantors
- Prepares Ongoing Monitoring packages and Periodic Assessment packages
- Prepares credit approval packages on small (relative to total credit exposure) credit facility renewals, settlement risk renewals, P-Card renewals, etc.
- Prepares tenant analysis in CRE transactions (when tenant is not borrower)
- Prepares analysis of general contractors engaged to construct real estate collateral in CRE transactions
Note: Since this is an entry-level position, Shared Services Analysts are expected to develop the ability to perform these duties over time.
Regions offer a number of unique employee benefits. The company provides up to $3,000 of adoption assistance and offers up to $1,000 in emergency benefits for employees whose homes are damaged by fire, flood or natural disaster. A forgivable $5,000 loan is available to eligible employees to assist with homeownership. Additionally, employees can take advantage of a free online tax preparation service. Regions’ What A Difference A Day Makes program also allows employees to volunteer one day a year, with pay, in their communities.
Bank with solid internal controls and good management ho strongly adhere to control environment. Associates know what is expected. Bank treats associates well.
Employees at Regions describe the work-life balance as “considerate and good” and a “company culture of ‘doing the right thing'” that starts at the top. They like that the company is “continuously moving toward the future” and appreciate the “great team environment.” On the other hand, some say the culture is “conservative” and “not willing to take risks.”
<<< To Apply for Accounting Jobs In Birmingham Al >>>
To more Accounting Jobs Okc, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.