Accounting Jobs Albany NY as Accounting Technician
Accounting Jobs Albany NY as Accounting Technician in Department of the Army with the salary range $33,721 – $54,299 a year. The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Defense, the Army trains and equips Soldiers and creates leaders among them to rapidly respond when they are called upon to serve our Nation. Definitely not for everyone, but a great way to broaden your horizons. You get out what your willing to put into it. Will surely make lifelong friendships.
Summary Of the Position Accounting Jobs Albany NY as Accounting Technician:
The Watervliet Arsenal is an Army-owned-and-operated manufacturing center located in New York. It is the oldest, continuously active arsenal in the United States having begun operations in 1813. Today it is relied upon by U.S. and foreign militaries to produce the most advanced, high-powered weaponry for cannon, howitzer, and mortar systems. The Arsenal is the only location in the DoD that has a weapons research facility (Benét Laboratories) collocated with a manufacturing facility (Arsenal).
- Provide assistance to users, resolve travel issues, and maintain an accurate travel database(s) and certifications for users.
- Provide customer service for employees encompassing a variety of types of pay entitlements by answering questions regarding time, pay, and leave entitlements.
- Perform work involving a variety of civilian payroll transactions, such as overtime, shift differentials, special rates, severance pay, travel status, and weekend/holiday pay.
- Utilize automated system software to perform various accounting postings and reconciliations
This is a TERM appointment and it may be extended for up to a total of 6 years. Contingent on specific conditions, there may be an opportunity to be noncompetitively converted to a permanent career-conditional or career appointment.
TERM employees are eligible for many of the same benefits as permanent employees including paid holidays, annual and sick leave, health, dental, vision and life insurance, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) retirement plan, which includes the Thrift Savings Plan, a 401k-style investment plan with up to 5% employer matching.
Requirements Conditions of Employment
Qualifications In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: (1) Providing customer service for clerical and/or accounting functions, such as time and attendance, travel or payroll functions; (2) Reviewing documents/correspondence to ensure data is accurate; and (3) Using automated software, such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Powerpoint, to prepare reports, spreadsheets, memorandums, and/or correspondence. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04).
Education: Successful completion of 4 full years of education above high school or a Bachelor’s degree in any field. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college, or university. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for the GS-05 position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- The appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) #11 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
- Must complete mandatory Financial Management (FM) certification training within 2 years and
- renew certification every two years.
- A personnel security investigation is required.
- This is a term position not to exceed 2 years but may be extended for a total of 6 years.
- Contingent on specific conditions, there may be an opportunity to be noncompetitively converted to a permanent career-conditional or career appointment.
Benefits A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
<<< To Apply Accounting Technician >>>
For more Accounting Jobs Albany NY, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research please CLICK HERE