5th Grade Honors Teacher – Anticipated at Plainfield Community Consolidated School District 202 – Plainfield, IL
Plainfield Community Consolidated School District 202 is a public school district located in Illinois. The 64-square-mile (170 km2) district is zoned to serve the towns of Plainfield, Joliet, Crest Hill, Lockport, Bolingbrook, and Romeoville, as well as various parts of unincorporated Will County and Kendall County.
Plainfield Community Consolidated School District 202 – Plainfield, IL opening job for 5th Grade Honors Teacher – Anticipated in Plainfield, IL. There are four high schools, seven middle schools, seventeen elementary schools, one early learning center, and one alternative school in the district.
- Valid State of Illinois Professional Educator License with appropriate endorsements registered in Will County
- Certificate of good health signed by a licensed medical provider
Responsibility and Description
- Plan and instruct students on the District and Illinois State Standards-aligned curriculum.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and students on progress.
- Diligent in entering student grade information into appropriate computer databases in a timely manner.
- Develop lesson plans and goals that meet District expectations.
- Conduct and interpret formal and informal assessments to evaluate student progress, maintain records of student work, and develop intervention strategies to ensure student success and growth.
- Meet regularly with support teachers, paraprofessionals, and specialists to discuss individual student’s modifications or adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions, or problems. Work collaboratively to ensure individual student’s needs are met by enriching or modifying lessons, curriculum, materials, and resources as needed.
- Set clear expectations for the class and manage a classroom and school environment applying positive behavior supports and interventions as needed. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model by encouraging appropriate behaviors that lead to social, emotional, and physical development.
- Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth.
- Plan and incorporate best practices or new strategies.
- Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled workday such as orientation, open houses, conferences, or extra-curricular activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Please refer to the attached job description.
Salary placement shall be made by the Board or the Board designee and is commensurate with education and experience pursuant to the APT Negotiated Agreement
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply online
- Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator or designee.
To more Elementary School Teaching Job, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.