WakeMed: Ambulatory Care Nurse Urology Garner – Raleigh, NC
The Ambulatory Care Nurse Urology Garner is a registered nurse who is responsible for providing nursing care management services to assigned populations. He/she utilizes a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to anticipating, integrate, and coordinate the patient’s plan of care and maximize the ability to remain in a community setting. The goal of his/her intervention is to meet the needs of patients in order to optimize clinically and resource outcomes and to monitor the effectiveness of the plan and its outcomes. In collaboration with the physician, the nurse identifies at-risk patient populations who require care management services. He/she provides bio-psychosocial assessments to identify patient needs and to assist in the development of the plan of care.
The Ambulatory nurse serves as a patient/family advocate and acts as a communication link between the physician, patient, family, outpatient and inpatient health care team, as well as community resources, to reduce redundancy and fragmentation of care. This position will support both Urology and ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) physicians.
Ambulatory Care Nurse Urology Garner Education:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required – or – current enrollment in an advanced education program through an approved educational institution where the nurse has passed NCLEX examination and end result of the program will be an advanced nursing degree (BSN/MSN).
- Candidate/Employee is required to complete the advanced education program as scheduled.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current North Carolina licensed RN or valid status P (Petitioner) temporary license in the State of North Carolina with no substantiated findings required.
- Status P indicates RN has applied for permanent NC license required.
- One Year of Professional Nursing preferred.
WakeMed Health & Hospitals , located in Raleigh, North Carolina is an 870+ bed private, not-for-profit network of medical centers, ambulatory care centers and outpatient facilities, representing the largest health system in greater Raleigh, North Carolina. Our system includes over 7,600 nurses, technologists, medical support staff, and more than 1,000 affiliated physicians who represent the best minds and the biggest hearts in the business. Key service areas include heart and vascular services, trauma and emergency, rehabilitation services, neurosciences, and women’s and children’s services.
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life, and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.