University of California, San Diego for Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
The Marine Physical Lab is developing an underwater Laser Line Scan System under U.S. Navy funding. The system is a real-time, state-of-the-art ocean going system that will be tested first in the lab and then taken to sea. Participate in the hardware and software development of an underwater Laser Line Scan System. Design, write, debug and test control system software to control marine raster scan LIDAR system. Under supervision, write software to control Laser Line Scan system and collect data. Perform data analysis. Perform real-time programming with Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) programming (e.g. under the Windows XP operating and/or XP Embedded system). Interface software using C and C++ for Data Acquisition, Digital I/O, and Graphical User Interfaces to sensors and high-speed digitizers. Post process and archive data using image-processing techniques in two and three dimensions for three-dimensional data acquisition system. Perform graphic display of data in real time with three-dimensional extensions in post processing. Participate in both lab and sea trials. Perform system administration and web design.
~~Able to go to sea or remote locations for up to 2 weeks each for a total of 2 months per year.
QUALIFICATIONS of Software Engineer:
- Expertise with computer data manipulation and presentation tools (e.g. Matlab, ArcView, Corel Draw, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Powerpoint). Demonstrated working knowledge and experience with C/C++.
- Proven ability/expertise with the UNIX, Windows, and MacIntosh operating systems.
- Proven knowledge and experience with image processing and computer graphics.
- Proven knowledge and experience with object oriented programming techniques.
- Ability to function at sea and participate in field programs on land. Experience with Windows 7, Windows XP 32 and 64-bit, Windows XP Embedded Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Working knowledge of laser illumination. Experience in real-time programming.
- Experience with electro-optical system designs principles.
- Ability to display data graphically in real time with three-dimensional extensions in post processing.
- Ability to interface software using C and C++ for Data Acquisition, Digital I/O, and Graphical User Interfaces to sensors and high-speed digitizers.
- Ability to post process and archive data using image-processing techniques in both two and three dimensions. Field programmable gate array (FPGA) programming experience.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- CA Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (US Citizenship or permanent resident status required).
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce.
Payroll Title: Programmer / Analyst II. Software Engineer Salary Range: $3,935 – $6,735 /month
UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment or Special Selection: Apply by 01/26/2011 to be considered with a preference for rehire.
- Eligible ACCES clients should contact their UCSD vocational rehabilitation counselor to discuss Special Selection.
- Layoff applicants must leave a message at (858) 534-6333 or call your assigned Sr. Employment Advisor to exercise your preferential rehire status.
UCSD career employees who have passed their trial period will have priority consideration for this position. (UCSD internals must identify themselves as Career/Regular on the UCSD Online Resume for priority). Recruiters can begin to refer qualified internal applicants after the first seven days of posting. Qualified external applicants may be assigned if a qualified pool of internal candidates is not identified and externals are requested by the hiring manager.
To apply for Software Engineer Job: http://tinyurl.com/49v5brp