University of Denver: Adjunct Teacher – English Language Center – Denver, CO
Job Description: The English Language Center (ELC), located on the campus of the University of Denver, is a university-based intensive English program (IEP) for international students. The ELC prepares its graduates to be successful undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Denver and other institutions of higher learning.
- MA TESL/TESOL/TEFL or MA in related field with documented coursework for credit in the areas of linguistics, culture and society, educational foundations, second-language pedagogy, second-language assessment, and language teaching practicum
- One year of ESL/EFL teaching experience
- Knowledge of or previous formal study of a second language
- 2 years teaching experience in a college/university-based IEP
This is a part-time ELC Teacher position. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing for and teaching 1-3 course per quarter at the ELC, (up to 6 courses per calendar year)
- Grading assignments
- Being available for office hours
- Coordinating with fellow instructors
- Participating in midterm conferencing
- Attending occasional faculty meetings
Instructions for candidates:
- Candidates must apply online through www.dujobs.org to be considered. Please attached a resume/cv, cover letter, and list of references to your online application. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click “New Resume/CV” at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Non-exempt positions at the University of Denver are posted for a minimum of 5 business days; however, applications are reviewed as submitted and it is in your best interest to complete your application as quickly as possible after the position is posted.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply >>>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=dae506aff05f16f0