Universal Health Services: Nurse Educator – United States
Nurse Educator job at Holly Hill Hospital, we are patient-focused and passion-driven. For over 35 years, Holly Hill has served the Raleigh, NC community as a partner in behavioral healthcare, serving patients from childhood and adolescence through senior adulthood. We are passionate about excellent quality care in the treatment and recovery of adults, children, and adolescents with psychiatric and/or chemical dependency illnesses.
Comprised of an adult campus and a state-of-the-art child and adolescent services campus, Holly Hill is perfectly located in a rapidly growing family-oriented community which is just hours from the mountain and the beaches and surrounded by major universities. Holly Hill is a part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), one of the nation’s largest and most respected health care management companies with more than 200 facilities across the United States and the United Kingdom. We continue to grow and expand our services to meet the demands of the community for inpatient psychiatric beds, and currently are recruiting for a full-time Nurse Educator.
The Nurse Educator responsibilities are assessing, organizing, coordinating, implementing, instructing, and evaluating specific educational programs. Key Responsibilities:
The primary role of the Nurse Educator is to support the learning needs of staff and patients by providing opportunities for the acquisition of new knowledge, skills and behaviors in view of advancing technologies, changing health care delivery systems, expanding staff roles, evidence base practice and research.
These opportunities include but are not limited to orientation, continuing education, formal and informal in-service training.
- Education/Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Experience: Two years inpatient psychiatric experience with adults, adolescents and/or children preferred. Two years experience as nurse educator or equivalent.
- Licensure/Certification: Current North Carolina State Registered Nurse License Current North Carolina Drivers License Current CPR Certification CPI Trainer Certification
- Leadership, supervision, facilitation and direction to RNs Mental Health Technicians and LPNs.
- Ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care and the milieu.
- Knowledge of model age, growth, and developmentally appropriate therapeutic communication in all interactions.
- Ability to administer medication treatment as prescribed and document properly.
- Ability to document nursing care and treatment progression through timely accurate chart entries nursing care plan updates.
- Knowledge of Treatment Plan, and special treatment procedures.
- Ability to assess, direct, and intervene in crisis situations.
- Ability to conduct in-services training such as CPI, CPR, Medication Administration, and Nursing Department Orientation.
- Ability to assess, develop, coordinate, and evaluate staff development programs.
- Ability to develop and coordinate on the job shadowing training time for all new-hires.
About Universal Health Services
UHS is one of the largest and most respected hospital management companies in the nation.
Corbis RM_SC-012-0274_300Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of continuous achievement and performance since it was founded in 1979 by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Alan B. Miller.
We’re now a Fortune 500 corporation with approximately $8.0 billion in annual revenue that produced net income of more than $581 million in 2014.
UHS subsidiaries own and operate more than 235 acute care and behavioral health facilities and surgery centers in 37 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom, and employ more than 70,000 people.
Universal Health Services, Inc. is headquartered in King of Prussia, Pa. and is ranked 324 on the 2015 Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations, and was listed among Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in 2014. — Fortune-2015
Universal Health Services, Inc. is a public company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol UHS. The company acts as the advisor to Universal Health Realty Income Trust, a real estate investment trust founded by Alan B. Miller in 1985 (NYSE: UHT).
Working at UHS
UHS gives exceptional people the opportunity to work where technology is making valuable advancements in healthcare. The professionalism and drive of our employees are the most important factors in the quality of service UHS provides.
Job Title Nurse Educator
Location United States