Turnitin: Implementation Specialist – Home Based
We’re seeking a specialist from the education industry to build relationships with our first generation of users on the west coast. As an Implementation Specialist, you’ll introduce first-time users of Revision Assistant to our product, ensuring satisfactory results for schools in their first year to establish long-term success. You’ll be responsible for managing specific aspects of the customer relationship post-sale, including rollout planning, technical support in provisioning and administering initial account creation, and pedagogical support for introducing teachers to a new platform for student writing. Your work will ensure that students get access to innovative new support for writing, and teachers feel confident in their understanding of how our product fit into their curriculum and classroom. The goal is an excellent experience with both the product and Turnitin.
This Implementation Specialist position will be based in the Northwest / Western US.
Turnitin is transforming the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin is used by more than 26 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Backed by Insight Venture Partners, GIC, Norwest Venture Partners, Lead Edge Capital and Georgian Partners, Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands and Melbourne, Australia.
Requirements of Implementation Specialist:
- Knowledge of writing education, formative assessment, educational technology, and district administration
- 5+ years of experience in education, either as a teacher, administrator or in industry; experience as an instructional coach preferred
- Broad organizational skills for long-term, collaborative projects with schools
- 5+ years of experience in account management or project management
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and compelling presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Engage teachers and students with using Revision Assistant in their first year.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales, UX, Product Management, and Engineering in a highly flexible role
- Work with practitioners to create an action plan and deliver targeted professional development based on needs.
- Collaborate with sales and support to ensure a fruitful and streamlined experience and smooth transition between teams.
- Foster practitioner success of teachers, trainers and administrators.
Act as liaison between customers and technical teams to inform users of product updates and improvements
- Track, analyze, and report metrics aligned with goals for onboarding, adoption, and retention, and adjust plans as needed
- Establish materials and documentation to assist customers in understanding Revision Assistant
Collaborate with Revision Assistant Content Specialist on content partnerships and ensure successful handoff
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
Job Title: Implementation Specialist
Category: Product Management | Home Office
Location: Northwest Region – United States
Turnitin is the global leader in evaluating and improving student writing. The company’s cloud-based service for originality checking, online grading, and peer review saves instructors time and provides rich feedback to students. One of the most widely distributed educational applications in the world, Turnitin is used by more than 10,000 institutions in 126 countries to manage the submission, tracking, and evaluation of student papers online. Turnitin also offers iThenticate, a plagiarism detection service for commercial markets, and WriteCheck, a suite of formative tools for writers