TRC Staffing Services: Full cycle Bookeeper – Canton, GA
Full cycle Bookeeper Job description: This position will perform the bookkeeping and accounting functions of the law firm. The position requires experience in bookkeeping, accounting, law firm billing and QuickBooks software, as well as Microsoft Office Products. The position prefers accounting experience in a law or other professional service firm environment. This is a full-time position in a professional environment.
- Employment Type Full-Time
- Job Type Accounting
- Education 2 Year Degree
- Experience Not Specified
- Manages Others Not Specified
- Industry Legal
- Required Travel Not Specified
- Must have bookkeeping experience as a full-charge bookkeeper with responsibilities including client billing in a law or professional service firm environment.
- Must have, at a minimum, an associate degree in accounting.
- Prefer experience with law firm professional software (Needles) and accounting software (QuickBooks) as well as Microsoft Office Products.
- Must possess strong administrative, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Perform all bookkeeping functions.
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts, firm and client expenses in billing and accounting systems.
- Perform all data entry of cash receipts and disbursements for the IOLTA trust account.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Perform all Payroll duties including paying liabilities and filing of quarterly and annual tax forms.
- Provide all required financial reports to the Partners on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Management and oversight of the billing and accounting systems.
What differences Between Bookkeepers vs. Accountants?
Bookeeper: Generally considered by the public accountant and accountant just as technicians or employees, but actually the bookkeeper to do some of the same daily tasks as accountant and certified public accountant. Therefore, many bookkeepers working as freelancers for small business who need the financial record-keeping. Bookkeepers maintain daily accounting records, debit, and credit postings, generate invoices to clients and vendors as well as handling payroll checks. Many small business owners often double as a bookkeeper. Bookkeepers typically do not have education accountant or CPA, since they get to experience on-the-job. Professional organizations for bookkeepers help raise recognition for professional bookkeepers with accounting professionals as well as providing abilities and skills certification program.
Accountant: An accountant has a four-year undergraduate degree from a variety of backgrounds. Many accountants have an educational background in the field of accounting, but some come from general business majors. Companies that produce more than one million dollars in sales each year may have an accountant on the staff or hiring the services of a professional accountant from an accounting firm run by certified public accountants. As the company grew, expanding the accounting department to handle the increased fiscal responsibility within the organization. Accountants work with the accounting clerks and technicians who handle day-to-day financial entries. Accountant supervises or performs billing, create an entry ledgers, review account activity of debt was completed by officers or technicians or handling payroll. Middle-level positions in the Department of accounting, accountant reporting to the Manager of accounting, financial Director of the company or the controller, all certified public accountant.
About TRC Staffing
At TRC, we are committed to providing the very best service our industry has to offer. We believe it all starts with people. We aim to hire the best people in the industry and to provide an environment that promotes their growth. Our clients understand and realize the power of a strong, dedicated staffing partner and have the ability to leverage the partnership to their advantage.
In 1980, Embree Robinson founded TRC Staffing Services, Inc. Like his father, President and CEO Brian Robinson remains focused on the idea that the marketplace continues to need a business built on principles and values, committed to providing the highest level of service in the industry. TRC has 44 locations in 13 states, providing traditional staffing services, professional and technical staffing and management services to some of the country’s leading companies. Embree’s vision has truly passed the test of time; for more than 30 years, TRC has remained a staffing industry leader by providing the highest quality of service