The New England Center for Children: Teachers – Boston, MA
We are NECC (The New England Center for Children) in Boston, MA seeking professional Teacher. If you’re a highly motivated person who wants to thrive in a high energy, leading-edge educational environment, you will find that NECC is a great place to build your career and professional skills. We have upcoming openings for professional teaching positions. Help us open doors and create independent and productive lives for students with autism and developmental disabilities.
The entry-level 1 teacher position is a role designed for individuals with little or no previous experience working with children with special needs and is ideal for those just beginning a career in the field of human services. These teachers work primarily in the residences as they learn to provide instruction to our students in the areas of daily living skills, communication skills, social skills and community living skills.
The entry-level 2 teacher position is typically for individuals who have had some formal experience working with children with special needs. These teachers work both in the school and in our residences with some evening and weekend hours. While all teachers work with all the students on a team, a level 2 teacher serves as a case manager for 1 student and is responsible for educational program design, IEP development and regular communication with parents.
All of our teachers, regardless of previous experience, receive extensive training and learn to apply the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to teach children, adolescents and young adults to acquire skills and maximize independence in the areas of academics, socialization, self-control of behavior, activities of daily living, communication and employment services. Whether working in the school or the community or the residence, all teachers are trained to competency and are expected to implement the full range of behavioral and educational programs individually designed for each student.
Requirements of Teacher Jobs
- Applicants must be seeking a full-time position with the flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and be physical, mentally and emotionally prepared for a challenging career experience. Licensed and unlicensed positions available.
- Applicants must have their own transportation and be able to obtain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Applicants must have positive academic and employment references.
- Applicants must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with children or young adults and with experience in or an interest in being trained in the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Applicants with Massachusetts licensure in Severe Disabilities will be given preference.
Additional Teacher Responsibilities include:
- Completion of all role responsibilities, which may include case management, depending on the position.
- Thorough knowledge and competent implementation of all student educational programs and behavior management guidelines.
- Diligent implementation of all medical, safety, and emergency procedures.
- Successful completion of the NECC training program.
Job Title Teachers Job in NECC Boston, US
Location Boston, MA
Employment Type Full Time