Teacher job at Georgetown University in Washington, DC
Teacher Duties And Responsibilities & Minimum Requirements:
Hoya Kids Learning Center is seeking a qualified and professional teacher to provide care and early childhood education in one of our Toddler classrooms. These children are 18 months to 2½ years old.
Teacher Responsibilities include all aspects of managing the classroom:
- providing a safe, healthy, nurturing, and stimulating environment by facilitating developmentally appropriate activities that reflect the Emergent Curriculum philosophy of the classroom;
- completing formal and informal assessments on each child that inform and guide curriculum development for individuals and small groups;
- developing and maintaining mutually supportive relationships with individual family members that enable both families and teachers to meet each child’s individual needs;
- ensuring classroom compliance with Center policies, licensing, and accreditation requirements;
- providing primary Center and classroom maintenance by washing dishes, preparing a snack, changing diapers, cleaning up in the classrooms and on the playground, and other related duties as assigned; and
- maintaining overall responsibility for classroom functioning
Teacher Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field. Experience working with Toddlers in a group setting.
- Associates degree or equivalent (36 credit hours) in early childhood education or related field plus three years related experience, or the equivalent of education and expertise. Computer experience to include word processing, email, use of digital photography. Experience working in a high-quality early childhood program.
Candidates will be available to work full-time in a 9:30 am to 6:00 pm shift. Teacher-Salary commensurate with experience. Rich benefits package is available. Hoya Kids is a high-quality full-day, year-round program. We enroll children of Georgetown University’s Staff, Faculty, and Students.