Software Engineer Job at Telecommunication Systems in Oakland, CA
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) is a leading provider of mission-critical wireless data solutions to government customers, public safety, and carriers. TCS produces wireless data communications technology solutions that require proven high levels of reliability. TCS’ wireless data offerings include secure deployable communication systems and engineered satellite-based services; location-based wireless and VoIP Enhanced 9-1-1 services; messaging and location service infrastructure for wireless operators; and commercial location applications, like traffic and navigation, using the precise location of a wireless device.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY Software Engineer:
TCS’s Navigation & Telematics Division is seeking a Software Engineer to integrate map data for in-car navigation systems.
Software Engineer job PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Enhance map compile software for in-car navigation systems.
- Research, design and implement new algorithms for next generation navigation functions.
- Perform functional tests and assure the correct results.
- Create technical documents.
- Work in close collaboration with team members, quality assurance, and manager.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of our process.
Software Engineer SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3+ years experience programming in Java and C or C++.
- Proficient in Linux, UNIX (Sun Solaris) and Windows.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills. Detail-oriented.
- Good understanding of mathematical algorithms.
- Experience working with large datasets of vector, image, and terrain data desired.
- Understanding of GIS, Geography or Cartography data and spatial data layers helpful.
- Able to develop the product that meets the needs of the end user in a deadline-driven environment.
- Self-managed Proactive work style. Able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills. Excellent documentation skills.
Software Engineer EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline.