Software Engineer at Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. in Austin, TX
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play.
If you have a passion for excellence and a drive to achieve, you belong at AMD. Our employees work hard, have fun, and thrive on success. We meet the challenges of an evolving marketplace by staying true to our corporate values, including an unwavering respect for individuals and a focus on retaining superior employees.
Power and Performance Benchmarks are fundamental to AMD’s customers’ understanding of our processor, chipset, and graphics products’ value. Supporting the planning, development, and analysis of benchmarking technologies and use cases is critical in providing standardized and relevant power & performance assessments. Additionally, these efforts provide the references that influence future designs.
The candidate must demonstrate flexibility, high motivation, and a record of meeting aggressive deadlines, as well as the ability to work as part of a team. You will be participating in the complete software lifecycle, including definition, task scoping & commitment, implementation & testing, and productization of benchmarking tools. You will be expected to author documentation related to your work and work with NA and off-shore teams to deliver software solutions on schedule.
- Participate in the software design, development, testing, and productization of benchmarking technologies.
- Drive team consensus in software life cycle tactics, especially source strategies, and build/packaging processes.
- Prototype controlled experiments in a benchmarking context, and author documentation related to testing results across a range of system implementations; convert prototypes into the productizable software.
- Investigate industry roadmaps and product documentation to understand current and future directions’ impact. Translate this understanding into recommendations and applications.
- Interface with local and off-shore teams to co-develop complete AMD software efforts.
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering required.
- Bachelor degree with 4+ years or Master with 2+ years of commercial software development experience required.
- Proven interpersonal skill and teamwork required.
- Strong knowledge of contemporary PC platforms needed.
- The x86 and AMD64 micro-architecture knowledge required.
- Windows application and GUI development experience required.
- Prior experience with OO design, C++/C#, and debugging software required.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills are required.
- Solid knowledge of the software development lifecycle required.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Experience working with NA and off-shore teams preferred.
AMD does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and AMD will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.