Simon Property Group: Tax Accountant I – Indianapolis, IN
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS of Tax Accountant
- College Degree in Accounting.
- 0-3 years experience in accounting or tax position.
- Possess the ability to learn and understand the tax preparation process, partnership agreements, and the Internal
- Revenue Tax Code and Regulations.
- Ability to work with (or display the capacity to learn quickly) Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Ability to learn and utilize ProSystem tax software and GBA Fixed Asset Management as well as other various tax and system software.
- Ability to learn and utilize Company accounting software.
- Experience in Real Estate and Partnership Taxation a plus.
- Possess sound analytical skills and other skills necessary to work with Department personnel and cope with the required work schedule associated with Tax deadlines.
- Tax Accountant Involvement in
- the preparation of Federal & State income tax returns for corporations, S-corps, partnerships, and LLC’s,
- preparation of various State and Locality tax compliance,
- the development of revenue projections,
- written and oral communication with Federal and State taxing authorities and Outside Investors, and
- various tasks associated with income tax planning and structuring, for both the Public Company and the Private Company as a whole.
- Tax Accountant Preparation of Property/Entity tax work papers including but not limited to the review of body trial balance, depreciation schedules (for regular tax, AMT, ACE, State and E&P purposes), fixed asset roll-forward reconciliation, book versus tax income and equity reconciliation, revenue and capital account allocation schedules, and state apportionment.
- Preparation of various Federal and State Income Tax Returns (corporation, S-corp, partnership, & LLC) to meet annual tax filing requirements.
- Preparation of various State and Locality monthly tax compliance.
- Preparation of Property/Entity tax work papers for income tax projections.
- Provide necessary research and analysis to respond to Federal and State taxing authority notices.
- Assist with various special projects.