Sierra Nevada Corporation: Sr Software Engineer – Bedford, NH
We are seeking a talented Sr Software Engineer with experience in Java/JavaFX, Graphical User Interface (GUI) development and C/C++ server-side development. JavaFX and C/C++ experience are desirable, but not mandatory. Reverse engineering experience in the microprocessor domain is a must.
Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Information and Sensor Solutions (ISS) Business Area provides integrated Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Electronic Warfare (EW), and Information Operations (IO) sensor system solutions for national security customers.
Developers must be able to take a task and given specific requirements, implement modules/applications on time and correctly. SNC is always pushing the envelope on new technologies so developers need to be able to research the latest development techniques that industry standard is adopting and implement them in accordance with the guidance provided by project leads.
RESPONSIBILITIES of Sr Software Engineer:
- Perform other duties as required by Program Manager and Tech Leads. Travel will vary depending on the phase of the project, but a fair estimate is travel will constitute less than 10% of annual work schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with emphasis on software development and reverse engineering.
- A minimum of six years works experience in positions involving design and development of software. The ideal candidate will possess six plus years experience as they will report to senior-level software engineers, but all candidates will be considered.
- Perform other duties as required by Program Manager and Tech Leads.
- Must have or be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Devise, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, work instructions, and specific customer requirements.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities.
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews.
- Initiate and execute engineering design and development activities consistent with customer quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Provide estimates of labor hours and material dollars required to accomplish design and development activities.
- Execute work schedule in accordance with Program Manager and Tech Lead guidance.
- Apps Development on mobile applications preferred with iOS or Android
- Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- GSM/GPRS protocols and technologies
- C, C++, Java, and assembly language programming
- IDA Pro or similar tool
- GUI development
- Netbeans, Eclipse or QT development environments
- Web Services
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is a world-class prime systems integrator and electronic systems provider known for its rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions. Fast-growing and widely diversified, SNC is a high-tech electronics, engineering, and manufacturing corporation that continues to expand our impressive portfolio of capabilities, programs, products, and services.
Job Title Sr Software Engineer
Location Bedford, NH
Job Type Full Time