School Professionals: Substitute History Teachers – Santa Clara, CA
Substitute History Teachers Job Description
The school year is here, we’re expanding into your area, and we’re looking for History teachers like you!! Do you love teaching History and Social Studies to 6th – 12th graders? Are you looking to create your schedule? Come work for School Professionals, and you can make it happen! School Professionals, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies, offers our teachers the opportunity to work only when they want to. We’ll simply ask you to enter your availability into our tracking system letting us know which days you are available and which days you want off on a weekly basis. Then we’ll only offer you work on days that you have marked as available. You get to specify what grades you teach, where you want to work, and what your schedule will be!
We’re actively recruiting for 6th – 12th-grade History teachers for the current school year. We are growing our teaching division and partnering with schools in and near Santa Clara. We also work with schools who will have needs from 6th – 12th grade for subjects that may include English, Math, Science, Spanish, PE, Music, Art, Special Ed and more! We also have Elementary schools. Lastly, in addition to the Santa Clara area, we work with schools in the Peninsula area including East Palo Alto and Redwood City, as well as schools in the East Bay and San Francisco.
- All applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree, a cleared TB test from within the last four years, experience working with children, and the willingness to be live scanned.
- The schools that we work with require all of our teachers to have at least a passing CBEST test score, but most prefer a CA credential or 30 Day Permit.
- Haven’t taken the CBEST yet? No problem! Complete our application anyway and register to take the CBEST, and once you’ve passed and you’ve begun to work with us, we will reimburse you for your CBEST registration costs!
- Professional. The ability to maintain a calm and collected demeanor at all times as well as interact with others in a respectful manner.
- Flexible. Capacity to adjust to different environments and situations and an understanding that substitute teaching assignments are subject to many changes throughout the day.
- Positive Attitude. The willingness to meet each day’s challenges with a friendly and accepting attitude. The ability to convey your feelings and receive feedback in an open-minded way.
- Excellent Management/Leadership. The ability to effectively manage student behavior throughout the day and lead them through their daily lessons and tasks.
Job Title: Substitute History Teachers
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job Type: Contract