Pittsburgh Pirates: Financial Accountant & Analyst – Pittsburgh, PA
The Financial Accountant & Analyst Job Summary: Prepare and study monthly financial statements for all business units of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Work with another member of the Finance Department to guarantee completeness and accuracy of financial knowledge for each corporate department on a monthly basis. Analyze variations from the budget and prior year balances. Assist the Manager of Accounting & Reporting on other reporting and analyses.
Required of Financial Accountant & Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience in accounting or other financial fields
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including extensive experience with Excel Spreadsheets
Financial Accountant & Analyst Desired:
- Experience with a Microsoft Accounting Product
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with multiple departments and specialties
- Prepare monthly financial statements including all applicable journal entries. Send unit detail to each department head within the guidelines of the monthly closing schedule. Serve monthly financial meetings with the departments and Manager of Accounting & Reporting to discuss any variances from budget and updated forecasts.
- Prepare and record seasonal revenue entries relating to ticket sales, including all related taxes, surcharges, and program related expenses.
- Reconcile monthly concession reports and payments to the terms of the contract. Prepare game day and monthly admission reports. Make monthly commissions revenue and accrual journal entries.
- Analyze and make schedules detailing income and fees relating to Corporate Partnerships, Broadcasting, and Promotional advertising contracts. Prepare monthly journal entries to record corporate partnership revenue and trade. Work with members of the Finance
- Department to ensure all invoices are being sent in compliance with the contract.
- Update and maintain the fixed asset additions and depreciation schedules, including an actual to budget variance analysis. Prepare year-end accumulated depreciation entries.
- Reconcile and record Tickets.com weekly settlement reports.
- Review and analyze selected Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Maintain updated schedules were supporting Accounts Receivable / Payable detail.
- Work with Baseball Operations to keep an up-to-date schedule for Minor League Signing Bonus Payments and Amortization.
- Review payroll ledger reports and prepare appropriate journal entries.
- Review journal entries prepared by Florida Staff Accountant relating to all Florida and Dominican activities.
- Work with Manager of Accounts Payable to ensure all credit card transactions are being expensed through the proper system on a timely basis.
- Perform and oversee all accounting related to Pirates Charities, and run financials on a monthly basis. Review payables and deposits being completed by other members of the department.
- Reconcile to updated forecast, which shall be supplemented by Manager of Pirates Charities.
- Perform other assigned projects as requested by the Manager of Accounting & Reporting.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist in quarterly forecast updates.
- Assist with the annual audit of financial statements.
A productive and fun place to work although the pay is not great.
The Pirates are a great place to work. There are opportunities to climb the ladder if you work hard. The most difficult part of the job is that there is no free parking downtown.
Pittsburgh Pirates Salaries
How much does Pittsburgh Pirates pay?
Average Pittsburgh Pirates hourly pay ranges from approximately $7.50 per hour for Operations Intern to $30.00 per hour for Presenter. The average Pittsburgh Pirates salary ranges from about $25,000 per year for Customer Service Representative to $80,000 per year for Sales and Service. Salary information comes from 15 data points collected directly from employees, users, and jobs on Indeed.
JOB TITLE: Financial Accountant & Analyst
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
ASCUDF_WORKINGLOCATION_INCLUDEINTMSS: None Specified