Nurse Midwife – Adams County Women’s Health job at WellSpan Health Services in Gettysburg, PA
Wellspan Health, a sophisticated medical community in South Central Pennsylvania is seeking a full-time CNM for a growing practice. This is an opportunity to join a large, well-respected medical group with low provider turnover. WellSpan Health is a top rated integrated health system with a focus on a high-quality patient care.
About the opportunity
- Full-time position with dynamic group of physicians
- Duties will include call participation and office responsibilities in our blended practice
- Must be ACNM/ACC certified
- Deliveries at Gettysburg Hospital, a community hospital with a modern maternity center
- Successful candidate will be energetic, compassionate, self-motivated and knowledgeable in all aspects of midwifery
- Competitive salary and outstanding benefit package
- Gettysburg is a family-oriented community with excellent schools, a low cost of living and low crime rates.
- Abundant recreational and cultural activities are available in the area.
- Conveniently located just one hour north of the Baltimore/DC metro area.
WellSpan Medical Group
The WellSpan Medical Group is a large multi-specialty group that employs more than 350 primary care physicians and specialists in over 60 locations across south central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. Working together and connected through a sophisticated electronic health record, these experts offer care and treatment for conditions that range from simple to complex — from the common cold to orthopedic injuries, neurologic problems and cardiovascular disease. The WellSpan Medical Group is proud of their low physician turnover and a strong commitment to physician leadership within their group.
WellSpan Health is a not-for-profit, community-based health care system serving more than 650,000 people in south central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. York Hospital, a 570+ bed, Level 1 Trauma Center, Magnet-designated community teaching hospital, and Gettysburg Hospital, a 76-bed acute care facility, are the cornerstones of the health system. WellSpan Health is building a 73-bed, state-of-the-art WellSpan Surgery and Rehabilitation Hospital that will open in early 2012 to care for patients recovering from strokes, traumas, chronic disease complications and orthopedic injuries. The organization has received significant, national recognition, including being named a “Top 100 Integrated Health Network” by Verispan, being one of the “Top 25 Connected Healthcare Facilities” by Health Imaging and IT and York Hospital has been named a “Top 100 Hospital” by Solucient seven times. WellSpan Health is an integrated health system with more than 60 care sites, 8,500 employees, and seven residency programs.
WellSpan Health facilities are located in York and Adams counties, which offer an ideal living environment to match the quality of work-life balance you’re seeking. York boasts abundant outdoor and cultural activities, including restaurants, theater, golf courses, hiking trails and water sports. The community is only one hour from the Baltimore/DC metro area and about two hours from Philadelphia.
If you value a strong sense of community, the more palatable pace of a smaller city, and the convenience of a workplace close to home, you’ll realize the advantages of considering WellSpan Health as part of your future.