Mayo Clinic: Certified Nurse Midwife – Rochester, MN
The Certified Nurse Midwives at Mayo Clinic offer antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum care to low and moderate risk women in a busy, multispecialty, collaborative practice. We also offer a limited number of well-woman gynecology appointments. The midwives get to know each woman and her family and encourage the patient to be involved in establishing a plan of care to meet her needs. The CNM participates in 3 different of models of antepartum care which all contribute to an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
These models include CenteringPregnancy™, a form of group prenatal care, the integrated practice care model (IPC) where patients are shared between physicians and midwives, and a traditional midwife service model. Additionally, CNMs provide around the clock intrapartum care at the Family Birth Center in 12-hour shifts and staff inpatient postpartum rounds. An important part of our practice includes the clinical education of midwifery students, medical students, and resident physicians.
Mayo Clinic midwives offer women compassionate, expert and personalized care. Our multi-specialty practice allows obstetrics providers to work with specialists in maternal and fetal medicine, medical genetics, reproductive medicine and other medical and surgical specialties as needed. Obstetrics team members assist in the delivery of more than 2,400 babies each year.
- Benefit Eligible: Yes
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Hours/Pay Period: 60 to 80 hours
- Schedule Details: Schedule will include a mix of 8-hour-day shifts in the clinic and 12-hour hospital shifts which rotate between days and nights, 7 am – 7 pm or 7 pm to 7 am.
- Weekend Schedule: 1 in 4 weekends.
Compensation Detail: Education, experience, and tenure along with internal equity may be considered when the job offer is extended. The minimum pay rate is $3428.00 per pay period.
Staffing Specialist: Douglas Halverson
Mayo Clinic provides the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first. You’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect — and most importantly, a life-changing career. We invite you to join our diverse team as we provide health, hope and healing to people from all walks of life.
- Masters or Doctoral prepared graduate of an accredited school of nursing and midwifery program accredited by the-the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM). Body mobility, coordinated dexterity of hands, ears, and eyes; sensory acuity, and verbal ability are required.
- A current MN RN license and APRN license, current ACNM certification, and current BLS and NRP certifications.
- CenteringPregancy training and first/third trimester limited ultrasonography course required within the first year.
- Active membership in the American College of Nurse-Midwives. Experience teaching in the clinical setting. Additional certifications in Advanced Fetal Monitoring, Lactation consultation, and/or Surgical First Assistant.
License or Certification:
- A current MN RN and APRN license, current ACNM certification, and current BLS and NRP certifications.
- Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Nearest Major Market: Rochester MN
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Genetics, Nurse Midwife, Midwife, Healthcare, Science
To apply please get it ==> http://tinyurl.com/no4zvve