MAPSA: Elementary School Teacher – Dearborn, MI
Teacher jobs from MAPSA. The Dearborn Academy’s mission are to serve a multicultural community through individualized, focused instruction allowing each student to achieve academic excellence and exhibit social responsibility. The Dearborn Academy, a Pre K-8th Grade Charter School located at 1930 Ford Rd. Dearborn, MI 48128, is seeking Elementary School Teachers and K-8 Computer Teachers.
- Job Location: Dearborn, Michigan, United States
- Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Teacher Salary: 33,500.00 – 35,500.00 USD
Teacher Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Meet professional education requirements of school, district, state
- Michigan teacher’s certification with K-5 Endorsement
- Relevant teaching experience
- Knowledge of relevant technology
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children and school improvement strategies, a definite plus.
- Ability to effectively interact with professionals, parents, and students.
Teachers are responsible for providing instructional activities and educational skills to students to help them achieve academic success. Help students understand the potential for educational, physical, intellectual and psychological growth.
Responsibilities of teacher
- Implement the assigned instructional activities and course of study to engage students in conductive learning.
- Utilize instructional and classroom management systems that increase student learning and maximize time on task.
- Communicate effectively within the educational community and with parents on a regular basis.
- Meet professional responsibilities.
- Maintain and upgrade professional skills.
- Promote and maintain positive school staff and pupil-teacher-parent relationships.
- Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals.