Highgate Hotels for Accounting Clerk in New York, NY
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring the key functions of payroll processing, cash handling, and accounts receivable processing and collections, are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Utilize and maintain the time and attendance system and process daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and related information to include payroll hours, verifying payment information, recording miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
- Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll input and output.
- Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports by Highgate Hotels’s required due dates.
- Retrieve and process all deposits by hotel standards.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cash/change and provide cash/change to all departments as needed
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards.
- Maintain all documentation.
- Process “due backs” on a timely basis.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit by Highgate Hotels’ plans.
Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracking system, issuing letters, monitoring returned checks and chargebacks, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related books to ensure proper internal control.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and significant deviations from policies and procedures.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Accounting Clerk Job Requirements
- Handle all guests issues, cancellation of authorization, refunds, etc. – phone calls, email
- Charge prepaid reservations such as Hotwire, Priceline, O-Fire1 & J-BookNR (rate code)
- Billing for HotelBeds, Tourico & Team America
- Validate commission invoice from Bookings.com
- Cancellation of movies from Lodgenet system
- Maintain tax-free forms
- Others that may be assigned
To apply Accounting Clerk: http://tinyurl.com/238u8ksNone found.