Financial Advisor for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney in Mclean, VA
Two of the most influential names in wealth management have joined forces to create a new industry leader. In a financial world thatâ€™s being remade, Morgan Stanleyâ€™s global wealth management business and Smith Barney have joined forces to offer you thinking and resources to fit the times.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney helps open doors to a wider array of financial products, independent money managers, and capital markets.
Our Financial Advisors have access to a global network of economists, strategists and research analysts to help manage risk and seek out investment opportunities wherever they may be. To help build the portfolio that can move individual investors in the direction they want to go.
Our clients have entrusted us with $1.3 trillion (as of May 22, 2009) of their hard-earned assets.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney is dedicated to bringing its clients the help they deserve, at a time when they need it most
Participation in the Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Financial Advisor Training Program provides an extensive curriculum that will help to prepare you for a Financial Advisor career. The program will give you an opportunity to learn how to:
- Build a client base of high net worth individuals
- Maintain and manage long-term client relationships
- Provide customers with a high level of individualized client service, full-service brokerage services and investment strategies consistent with their personal financial goals and needs
- Demonstrate ability to sell
- Excellent problem solving, networking, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Interest in investment and financial markets
- Demonstrate excellent work ethic and ability to multitask
- Prior sales experience
- Previous Business Owner/Entrepreneur
- Prior professional service career success
- Bachelor’s Degree (Bachelor’s Degree not required for candidates with more than five years of sales experience)
Be authorized to work in the U.S. without restriction as to duration
Pass any applicable pre-employment tests
As part of the application process for this training program, you are required to complete several assessments. After submitting your request, you will receive an e-mail with a link to the assessment. Failure to fulfill this evaluation will render your application incomplete, and you will not be considered for employment.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.