ArdentMC: Senior Software Developer – Fort Belvoir, VA
This position supports all aspects of software development using the agile development process. ArdentMC functions in a practice-based organizational structure. Practices built around industry-leading consultant competencies create business units that deliver specialized capabilities to clients. The following three practice areas define the vertical business channels in which ArdentMC operates.
- Program Management Support – Project analysis and planning, IT systems integration management and oversight, requirements management, schedule and cost control, risk management, project coordination, progress reporting, financial planning, financial documentation, strategic planning, training, briefings and demonstrations, marketing and communications.
- Business Process Re-Engineering – Business process analysis, design, and implementation, Process performance planning metrics and measurement, organizational analysis, planning and improvement, Business process automation.
- IT and Data Solutions Delivery – Technical Architecture planning and guidance, technical standards implementation/ governance, systems design, systems and software development, system operations and maintenance, systems integration, security Certification and Accreditation support, data modeling, data integration, geospatial systems, mobile data collection.
Software Development Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for leading development teams to code and test software based on software specifications and design, analyze and study complex systems requirements, design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain software development, support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques. Use sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable efficient reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant. Provide software process management and controls through the coding portion of software development process.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or related field and 10+ years of experience in software development supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluations, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, ESRI ArcGIS toolset and integration (with both new and legacy systems.
- Experience developing full lifecycle, object-oriented software applications in a government hosted, cloud-based framework.
ArdentMC is a technology firm that delivers expertise and solutions in areas of situational awareness, real-time data management, predictive analytics and emerging technologies. We invite you to join our dynamic organization serving federal clients from the US Department of Homeland Security, to the Department of Defense. ArdentMC offers competitive salaries, 401K matching, competitive paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and the host of other benefits, creating a rewarding and fast-paced work environment.
The Topographic Feature Data Management (TFDM) program provides topographic feature data management services across the National System for Geospatial-intelligence (NSG).