Aqueduct Services Plumbin: Bookkeeper – Valhalla, NY
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Bookkeeper is responsible for reviewing financial statements and discusses results monthly with the Operations Manager.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and one to two years of related experience and training OR the equivalent combination of education and expertise.
- Familiarity with a 10-key calculator by touch.
- Familiarity with billing systems
- Proficient in Accounting Software and the use of computers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned. Collecting and entering data for vendor payments. Compiling data for payroll Keeping records of financial transactions for the company Enters all journal entries into Successware. Maintains all accounts, as required (i.e., accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.). Reconciles and balances monthly accounts to the general ledger. Prints distribute and maintain financial reports monthly or as required. Maintains the accounts payable system by updating and maintaining the accounts payable master files and vendor master files. Compiles data from check requests and invoices matches invoices to receiving documents and purchase orders and enters the information into the computer system for payment. Games checks to appropriate invoice/statement and disburses the checks as required. Files check copies and paid invoices, as required. Acts as the company’s disability claim representative maintain the appropriate records and make the necessary disbursements to the insurance carrier, as required. Compiles reports daily to show cash receipts and disbursements. Types all manual checks and record them in the computer system.
Mathematical Skills: Must have the ability to:
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Compute and apply concepts such as rate, ratio, percentages, proportions and fractions.
- Apply accounting principles.
Physical Demands of Bookkeeper:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch
Regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Hours: Full-Time: 35 – 40 hours per week may be flexible
- Family Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Training
- Aqueduct Services reserves the right to alter your work hours and work location to
- accommodate customer and staffing needs.
Job Title Bookkeeper
Location Valhalla, NY
Job Type Full Time