Albany Network: Elementary Teacher – Albany, NY
Elementary Teacher will work collaboratively with other elementary instructional staff and the instructional leader to champion a high-quality education for each and every student while cultivating success for future life opportunities in college, career, and community. You will participate in both horizontal and vertical planning to ensure every student’s academic needs are met. You will also develop strategies for the design, delivery, modification, and extension of Common Core-aligned curriculum and instruction, allowing all students to engage in active academic challenge and growth. As you work collaboratively with your peers to foster a thirst for lifelong learning, you will be responsible for your students’ performance and your own personal and professional growth.
Do you have what it takes to cultivate the next generation of “Scientific Artists” – students with both the disciplined expertise and creative imagination to contribute effectively to the betterment of the global society? If so, the Albany Network may be the place for you! We are looking for an Elementary Teacher to join our team of professionals committed to helping our students write like Frederick Douglass and reason like Albert Einstein.
- Valid New York State Certification in Childhood Education, grades 1-6.
- New York State Certification extension, grades 5-9 is desirable, but it is not required.
- Master’s Degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment with key stakeholders, including faculty, students, and parents.
- Mission-driven with a genuine commitment to fostering future life opportunities for all students.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
ELEMENTARY TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Works with the instructional leader, school leadership team, and instructional staff to establish a Common Core-oriented curriculum that engages students in active academic challenge and growth.
- Cultivates a culture of high-expectations-great-outcomes learning in which students can achieve the highest standards of success.
- Develops collaborative relationships with colleagues and school leadership to ensure quality teaching and learning for all students.
- Through professional development, serves as the lead learner while building knowledge and expertise across language arts, math, science, social studies, and the arts.
- Engages in active classroom management to ensure students represent their peers and teachers with excellence.
- Develops and maintains open communication with parents and families.
- Uses predictive analysis to design, deliver, and modify teaching practices to support student growth and learning.
- Analyzes various student performance assessments, identifies areas of growth, and implements appropriate curriculum and instructional modifications to support student development and advancement.