University of Chicago: Homeroom Teacher – Chicago, IL – Primary School
By admin On 22 May 2020 In Teacher | No Comments
Homeroom Teacher Job Summary:
- Primary School Homeroom Teachers (Gr. 1&2):
- Receive direction and support from the Primary School Principal and administration.
- Duties include instructing and supervising a group of Primary School students and providing homeroom instruction.
- Create a nurturing, challenging, and supportive classroom environment that fosters mutual respect and age appropriate levels of independence.
- Monitor the performance of students and communicate concerns with administrators, other teachers, and learning/counseling faculty, and parents.
- Interact with parents and other members of the faculty and administration on a daily basis.
- Full-time teachers are expected to work a 40 hour week and the required number of days as stipulated in the Faculty Association contract. All teachers are expected to perform in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The Laboratory Schools is among the largest independent schools in the country with a history dating to 1896 under the auspices of John Dewey and the University of Chicago. Located on the U of C campus, the Schools serve children (N-12) from metropolitan Chicago with approximately 60% of the students coming from families affiliated with the University. The University environment attracts a rich and diverse student body and parents who value and support a quality educational program.
- Strong knowledge of course subject matter required.
- Knowledge of instructional methodologies required.
- Ability to develop curricula, lesson plans and assessment tools required.
- Analytical skills required.
- Problem-solving skills required.
- Decision-making skills required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Organizational skills required.
- Computational skills required.
- Creativity required.
- Flexibility required.
- Verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Ability to manage stressful situations required.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to walk around building during the school day and climb stairs to escort children to special
- classes and out of the building in the event of an emergency required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior K-3 teaching experience required.
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience preferred.
- Experience developing curriculum preferred.
To apply Homeroom Teacher – Primary School >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=90e3737eccbd3265
To more teacher jobs >>> click hire
Jobs from Indeed