Under direct supervision, this position prepares standard federal, state, local income tax returns and performs basic tax research. Also, this post assists in significant value-added federal and state tax planning, recurring compliance projects, and various aspects of accounting, with particular emphasis on income taxes. This position may also assist in other areas of the company’s tax profile including foreign, sales and property tax when needed.
Tax Accountant Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares domestic consolidated corporate income tax returns (federal and state), partnership and other related returns as well as all detailed backup documentation.
- Assists with tax research & planning assignments.
- Assists with tax due diligence and integration on business acquisitions.
- Assists with the computation and preparation of quarterly income tax estimates.
- Assists with personal property and state sales tax compliance aspects.
- Develops responses to requests related to all federal and state notices.
- Assists with tax examinations, including gathering necessary information.
- Maintains and updates tax calendars.
- Assists with maintaining general ledger balances of selected tax accounts including performing related quarterly reconciliations.
- Assists with the review and analysis of tax books within the fixed asset system including reconciliations of any GAAP books and tax books differences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Tax Accountant Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree is accounting, taxation, or business administration is desirable.
- One to three years experience in the tax area. General accounting experience may be taken into consideration at management’s discretion.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and work-paper techniques.
- Must be a confident decision-maker able to produce accurate results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of income tax compliance software a plus.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Tax Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.