Wealth Planner Job description: Source Financial Advisors is an NYC based highly visible and financial industry-recognized boutique independent wealth management firm with a dedicated specialty to ultra-high net worth and celebrity divorce clients. This firm also believes that this is the single most important and transformative year that will shape the next decade for the financial advisory space and we will be at the leading edge of this movement. As such, each and every new hire to our team will need to have the ‘right’ professional energy and open-minded willingness to evaluate, disrupt and help create.
We are seeking a professional experienced financial planner. Confidentiality and discretion a must. Possessing emotional intelligence, being able to read body language and being comfortable with clients in emotional distress as a result of divorce required.
This individual must be comfortable working within an often fast-paced entrepreneurial environment directly with the CEO and other senior management and team members of the firm. The primary skill set that is needed and will be tested is attention to details and a proven track record of the mastery of a personal follow-up system leveraging technology so all processes are repeatable and operationally efficient. Natural relationship management skills and ability to work in a self-directed way is critical to success in this role.
- The primary focus of this job will be to support the wealth management team and CEO with financial planning detail work. Relationship management and follow-up needed in order for the front-end client facing advisory team to walk into meetings internally prepped, prepared and buttoned up.
- Assist wealth management advisory team in preparing for and participation in client meetings.
- Handling all aspects of and being the internal champion of the Salesforce CRM.
- Assist wealth management team with data gathering and analysis projects.
- Participate in meetings as a team member carefully taking notes and be a second set of ears and eyes to client concerns and financial priorities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate the ability with specific examples for finding solutions and professional development.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to collaborate with the team.
- A sense of humor.
- The desire to be part of an evolutionary client-service model and pricing overhaul.
- Ability to know when to walk 5 feet next door to personally discuss something vs. drafting an email to the person 5 feet away to discuss something.
- 5+ years of experience with financial services firm (preferably an RIA) with references that are solid (they will be called).
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Hold requisite license to qualify as an Investment Adviser Representative.
- CFP designation or in the process of obtaining a CFP designation.
- Able to engage and converse with a client base that is often new to their financial management due to the firm’s niche with divorced high net worth women
- Possess a passion for educating and empowering clients with taking control of their finances
- Ability to boil down and explain complex concepts and jargon in a user-friendly, non-intimidating fashion
- Ability to be comfortable in emotional situations due to firm’s divorce niche
- Highly technology proficient. This role will require extensive Excel, CRM, financial planning software reporting and other financial analytical tools interface.
- Strong written (this means email too) and verbal communication skills, including the ability to simplify difficult financial concepts to educate a less experienced audience. Detail-oriented.
- Goal oriented.
- Ability to prioritize; deadline and detail sensitive
- Self-starter takes the initiative.
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others.
- Organized, able to set priorities.
- Ability to be discreet and keep confidentiality especially as famous clients walk in.
- Of the highest integrity.
- Strong client service DNA.
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment.
- Strong sense of operational and compliance risk management.
- Strong one on one and group presentation skills.
Category Financial Planner
Title Wealth Planner
Location New York, NY 10017 United States
Job type Full-Time
Compensation Competitive Salary commensurates with experience
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Financial Planner Jobs please CLICK HIRE