Software Engineer job vacancy at The Technology Collaborative in Pittsburgh, PA
Software Engineer Opportunity:
The Company builds highly reliable robotics products to improve productivity, reliability, and safety in the agriculture, mining, defense and oil and gas production markets. They maintain a strategic relationship with Carnegie Mellon’s National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC).
The company seeks product-oriented engineers with high energy and drive, superior problem-solving skills, independent decision-making abilities and demonstrated skills at developing robust components and systems. Some of the current openings relate to a sophisticated IED/UXO detection robotic system that is planned for Army deployment in an extended field testing situation in the fall of 2011. The system includes state of the art communications systems, terrain sensing systems, an advanced manipulation device, and a highly integrated operator control unit. Other openings relate to ongoing commercial projects in the agriculture and specialty truck markets—these projects include electro-hydraulics, more traditional factory automation components, and human interface elements.
Software Engineer Required Skills:
- Must have experience in developing C and C++ software for time critical sensor/data applications.
- Excellent software engineering habits, skills, and familiarity with leading tools are required.
- Experience with robotic applications including perception and planning is a plus.
- Experience expected with embedded systems and real-time operating systems such as QNX, VxWorks, UNIX and Windows
- Experience with version control such as CVS;
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools.
- Primary software activities will include extensive C coding, driver level development, testing, and tuning, component, and system testing and qualification.
Nature of work requires US citizenship or Green Card
- College scores (in and out of major), and
- Current references (including email, phone, and basis for reference)
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.