Software Engineer job Summary
We are looking for a bright and energetic Software Engineer to develop Model-Based Software components and Nunit automated tests using C# and SQL covering some recently changed requirements as well as new demands. Our development approach is test-driven development, and a lot of focus and value is placed on testing.
Software Engineer job Essential Responsibilities
Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned project and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Responsible for the design, development, and testing of Model Based software components
- Qualifications/Requirements Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with C++, Java and/or C#
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SQL Server
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Minimum of 2 years UML experience
Software Engineer job Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Desired Characteristics Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computing Engineering
- Experience with MS Visual Studio 2010
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a Global Team (US and China)
- Attention to details and data accuracy
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking skills
- Agile development experience with continuous integration (NUnit, NAnt, etc.)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Able to translate customer needs into effective software requirements
- Model-Based Development experience
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 300,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Many of GE’s fastest growing businesses are in GE’s Technology Infrastructure segment. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and technology infrastructure of the new century.
GE Aviation, a division of GE’s Technology Infrastructure business is a world-leading producer of commercial jet engines and components as well as integrated digital, electric power, and mechanical systems for aircraft. GE Aviation also has a global service network to support these offerings. Technological excellence, supported by continuing substantial investments in research and development, has been the foundation of GE Aviation’s growth and helped to ensure quality products for customers.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.