Security engineering is a specialized field of engineering that focuses on the security aspects of the design of systems that need to be able to deal robustly with possible sources of disruption, ranging from natural disasters to malicious acts. It is similar to other systems engineering activities in that its primary motivation is to support the delivery of engineering solutions that satisfy pre-defined functional and user requirements, but with the added dimension of preventing misuse and malicious behavior. These constraints and restrictions are often asserted as a security policy. (wikipedia.org)
Jacobs Technology is the advanced technology division of Jacobs Engineering (NYSE: JEC), one of the nation’s largest engineering and technical services-only companies. With 70+ years of experience supporting Government and commercial clients, we have earned a reputation for excellence and outstanding technical and managerial achievements in quality, performance, and safety. We provide a wide range of advanced technology services to Government and industry in four market areas: test and evaluation engineering, operations and maintenance; scientific, engineering, and technical services; design/build and operation of test facilities; and enterprise information services.
The Engineering and Technology Acquisition Support Services (ETASS) contract provides a broad range of engineering support to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center’s (AFLCMC’s) programs located at Hanscom AFB and their geographically separated units.
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Oral and written communication skills are critical; position requires explaining technical issues and problems to non-technical people.
- Ability to weigh a relative importance of vulnerabilities versus mitigations
- Ability to estimate effort required for implementing hardware, software, and/or firmware solutions.
- Ability to adjust an approach depending upon outside influences, e.g. budget cuts, refusal of risk acceptance, and loss of availability of components.
- Security+ certification required, CISSP desired.
- BS degree and 10 years of experience; MS degree and 8 years of experience; or Ph.D. and 4 years of experience required.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- This position may be assigned to a Jacobs teammate company.
- This position may require travel of up to one week per month.
Jacobs is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to support projects at Hanscom Air Force Base, MA. The Cyber Security engineer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the information system security engineering activities.
- Refining information security requirements and ensuring that the requirements are effectively integrated into information technology component products and information systems of the program through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
- Providing the Program Manager with insight and guidance in the design and development of the organizational information systems or upgrading of legacy systems.
- Employing best practices when implementing security controls within an information system including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques.
- Coordinating their security-related activities with information security architects, senior information security officers, information system owners, common control providers, and information system security officers in the program.
- Work may involve sitting for extended periods.
- May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities where necessary.
- Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on a task.
- Equipment and Machines:
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific equipment.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical.
- Ability to work on a normal schedule and adjust the schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must be able to travel when necessary to accommodate customer and program requirements.
The position for which you are applying requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), you may be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country in order to be granted a clearance.
To apply >>> Cyber Security Engineer Jobs
More Software Engineer Jobs >>> click hire