Harrison School District Two encompasses 19 square miles on the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Harrison has 13 elementary schools, one K-8 community school, three middle schools, two high schools, one high school prep academy and two charter schools, all of which serve a student population diverse in economic backgrounds and rich in ethnic pride. Harrison celebrates altogether. Harrison is a leader in the Pay-for-performance initiative and the District has been nationally recognized for its innovative education reform efforts which have led to tremendous academic gains. THIS VACANCY IS FOR ANTICIPATED ELEMENTARY TEACHERS FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2015/16.
- Transcripts are required for this position. Submit your transcripts via email to [email protected] When submitting transcripts, include your first and last name on the subject line. If hired, official transcripts will be required by Human Capital.
- Colorado Teaching License with endorsement in: Candidate must be endorsed in the content area, passed the PLACE or Praxis test in the content area, and/or have 24 semester credits in the content area to meet NCLB “highly qualified” status.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
- Help each student learns the subject matter and skills that will contribute to his/her development as a mature, capable and responsible adult.
- Provide a positive, healthy and safe environment in which the student can achieve his/her maximum potential.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of each student.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interest of the student.
- Encourage students to maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- 184-day work calendar.
- Elementary Teacher Salary: $35,000+ (Pay for Performance)
Harrison School District Two is requiring all applicants for licensed teacher positions to take the Star Teacher Pre-Screener as part of the application process. To set up an account and request access to take the Star Teacher Pre-Screener, please follow the instructions below.
If you lose connection to the internet, simply log back in to complete the test. If you have a question or any difficulties taking the pre-screener, check “frequently asked questions first”. If you don’t find the answer, contact Ella Nuss at 719-579-2024.
Transcripts are required for this position. Submit your transcripts via email to [email protected] When submitting transcripts, include your first and last name on the subject line. If hired, official transcripts will be required by Human Capital.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Harrison School District Two is an equal opportunity educational institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact Pamela Aragon, Affirmative Action Officer, 1060 Harrison Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80905, (719) 579-2023, [email protected], or the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Building, 1244 Spear Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204-3582, (303)844-5695.
To apply >>> ELEMENTARY TEACHER JOBS
to more Teacher Jobs >>> click hire