Position Summary: Assist with the consolidation accounting for Discovery Communications, Inc. This includes running the consolidation process in SAP and completing consolidation and corporate journal entries. Assist with the preparation of consolidated balance sheet and equity statement and any related supporting schedules.
- Assist in the consolidation process, including running the monthly consolidation process in SAP and preparing consolidation and corporate journal entries.
- Prepare monthly accounting entries for the Company’s Goodwill and Intangibles.
- Prepare account reconciliations for various general ledger balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare the consolidated Balance Sheet for the monthly senior management reporting package and the SEC filings.
- Prepare all Balance Sheet supporting schedules.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet and FX variance schedules.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of the currency translation adjustment accounts and perform analytics to ensure amounts are reasonable.
- Prepare the consolidated equity statement and OCI statement for the SEC filings.
- Prepare the monthly consolidated Balance Sheet fluctuation analysis for management and external auditors.
- Prepare quarterly post-closing adjustment schedule.
- Prepare the quarterly Fact Book for Corporate Accounting.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly Treasury reporting.
- Assist with annual external audit work, including coordinating the Corporate Accounting request list and assisting in preparing schedules for the auditors.
- Assist in the review process of General Ledger for significant transactions and summarizing the responses from the divisions.
- Prepare the Intangible Amortization schedule for the annual budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- Three to five years of accounting and reporting experience with a background in “Big 4” public accounting preferred.
- Experience in consolidation accounting and reporting.
- Experience with enterprise information systems, SAP a strong plus and preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- High integrity individual. Critical thinker. Extremely detail-oriented.
- Motivated by a challenging, high-energy environment.
- A strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Team player, able to be flexible and work well with others as a team player.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
to apply: http://tinyurl.com/2adeeho