About Childcare School Infant Teacher Job in Fredericksburg, VA
The Childcare School Infant Teacher (ECE Teacher) is responsible for planning and implementing the daily program for children within an assigned age group, promoting the social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth of the children under his/her care. They maintain classroom records and update parents on the progress of their child on a daily basis while ensuring cleanliness and safety at all times.
At Children of America, our employees are the fuel that helps our company run. Working for us is an opportunity for you to achieve success and career goals. We are committed to making you feel important and part of a team. You will have the chance to work in a fun environment while learning and developing skills to fuel your future. Our deep commitment to the families we serve, community involvement, and high-quality early education are some of the many reasons why so many early education professionals have chosen to join the Children of America family. Established in 1997, Children of America has grown to be one of the nation’s most respected childcare organizations providing early childhood education and development programs. Our “exclusive curriculum” is one-of-a- kind and focuses on the development of the total child – physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually. We provide a safe, nurturing, learning-friendly environment in which infants and children can develop to their full potential. Further, we recognize that each child is unique, with talents, abilities, interests, and needs unlike any other. Our staff members understand and respect this individuality, and are dedicated to fostering self-esteem and self-awareness. We at Children of America strongly believe in providing stimulating curricula and enriching, individualized experiences in order to promote the academic and social development of each child.
- Meets state age requirement.
- Must have at least a high school diploma (GED).
- Maintains state in-service training requirements.
- Must have experience working with Infants in a licensed childcare School.
- Has 2 years previous work experience in childcare.
- Has obtained a Child Development Associate credential (CDA) or has a degree in Early Childhood Development.
- Physical Work Demands
- Frequently moves or lifts average weight as in lifting, carrying, and holding children and infants. It is essential that each teacher meet the full lifting requirements in which may be up to 60 lbs.
- Physically reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances which can include lifting and pushing up to 60 lbs
- Able to stoop and bend on child’s level frequently
- Able to interact and communicate with children in the playground/classroom, i.e. run, jump, dance, demonstrate physical exercises.
- Required to stand at least 90% of the workday
- Able to use proper lifting procedures and seeks appropriate assistance with heavy lifting when possible.
Mental Work Demands:
- Mentally reacts appropriately and immediately to unexpected circumstances
- Regular and on-time attendance
- Hours may exceed 40 hours per week
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualification association with this job.
- Plan the daily program for children within assigned age group, which will encourage each child’s growth in the areas of social, emotional, physical and intellectual development.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Prevent injuries and handle emergencies, accidents, and injuries appropriately when they occur.
- Teach the class in a manner consistent with the philosophy and goals of the company.
- Treat children with dignity and respect by recognizing and considering the background, special needs, and interests, style and pace of learning of each child.
- Help children learn to think creatively, to solve problems independently, and to respect themselves and others.
- Maintain room arrangement appropriate for age group
- Provide daily written feedback to the parents.
- Schedules parent / teacher conferences.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children, parents, staff and any school business.
- Keep records of children’s development.
- Assist with preparing meals and snacks, feeding children, modeling table manners
- Assist with diaper changing when needed.
- Practice basic health screening of children on a daily basis i.e. injuries, marks, fevers etc.
- Supervise staff assigned to assist with daily group activities to ensure the physical and emotional well-being of each child in the group.
- Observe records and report any significant individual or group behavior, which might affect the children.
- Keep educational materials, equipment and the general room environment neat, safe and clean.
- Notify School Director and/or Assistant Director of needed repairs immediately to room, building, playground, equipment.
- Maintain playground and indoor play area.
- Perform all State and Local licensing requirements, policies and procedures.
- Promote and maintain an appropriate and professional rapport and working relationships with other staff members.
- Participate in all staff training sessions, meetings and programs as requested by the School Director and as sponsored by the School.
- Maintain professional conduct when working with families and staff, as well as visitors and the general public.
- Ensure that all class activities operate consistently and ethically within the values and mission of Children of America
- Passionate about Children of America’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy mission and values of Children of America to children, parents, and coworkers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director
- Works under the direct supervision of the Director or Assistant Director
- This position can supervise other staff as assigned
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
To apply Childcare School Infant Teacher Jobs >>> https://childrenofamerica.applicantpro.com/jobs/206042-15223.html