BuyWithMe for Software Engineer in New York, NY
Software Engineer Job Description
BuyWithMe.com is one of the premier social buying destinations on the web, connecting top local brands with an engaged audience via our site and a network of media partnerships. As a member of the growing BuyWithMe team, you’ll be tasked with building valuable features for both merchants and consumers in the hottest and fastest-growing corner of e-commerce.
Software Engineers at BuyWithMe collaborate with other disciplines on product development from conception through implementation. Our platform is built using Ruby on Rails and MySQL, hosted on a cloud infrastructure. That said, we believe in using the right tool for the job.
Be a part of a fast-paced, talented, exciting team and see your work produce results in the real world.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Build, deploy, and maintain scalable, re-usable, and valuable software for BuyWithMe’s social buying platform
- Observe and contribute to departmental coding standards, performance benchmarks, and best practices
- Produce and collaborate on well-thought-out and well-documented software designs
- Measure and optimize the performance of new and existing software
- Participate in departmental code reviews, discussions, and refactoring exercises
- Ensure confidence in the software you build via unit-testing and collaboration with QA
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team to develop thoughtful, usable, and valuable products
- Create software you’re proud of and support it, even after it has been released
- Maintain a current understanding of emerging and relevant technologies
- Participate in departmental recruitment efforts
- Effectively communicate with your colleagues, both technical and non-technical
Software Engineer REQUIRED:
- Solid foundation in object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- 2+ years recent experience as a professional software engineer working on high-traffic, high-availability websites
- Expertise with at least one server-side technology such as Ruby, Python, PHP, or JSP
- Expertise with at least one mainstream RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle
- Experience building and deploying on UNIX or Linux
- Experience using a mainstream MVC web application framework such as Rails or Django
- Experience writing unit tests and using test-driven development
- Experience building software collaboratively using a mainstream revision control system such as Git, SVN, or Mercurial
- Experience integrating with third-parties/APIs
- Experience with web services and service-oriented architecture
Software Engineer DESIRED:
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience with developing mobile web applications or native applications
- Experience using JQuery
- Experience working with Agile or a similar software development methodology
- Experience deploying web applications using a cloud infrastructure
- Experience with non-relational/NoSQL databases such as CouchDB or MongoDB
- A genuine enjoyment of software engineering and building better software
We provide a competitive base “Software-Engineer-salary”/bonus package, health and dental benefits, and two weeks paid vacation and opportunity for those who excel.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.