Software Engineer Job Description
BuyWithMe.com is one of the premier social buying destinations on the web, connecting top local brands with an engaged audience via our site and a network of media partnerships. As a member of the growing BuyWithMe team, you’ll be tasked with building valuable features for both merchants and consumers in the hottest and fastest-growing corner of e-commerce.
Software Engineers at BuyWithMe collaborate with other disciplines on product development from conception through implementation. Our platform is built using Ruby on Rails and MySQL, hosted on a cloud infrastructure. That said, we believe in using the right tool for the job.
Be a part of a fast-paced, talented, exciting team and see your work produce results in the real world.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Build, deploy, and maintain scalable, re-usable, and valuable software for BuyWithMe’s social buying platform
- Observe and contribute to departmental coding standards, performance benchmarks, and best practices
- Produce and collaborate on well-thought-out and well-documented software designs
- Measure and optimize the performance of new and existing software
- Participate in departmental code reviews, discussions, and refactoring exercises
- Ensure confidence in the software you build via unit-testing and collaboration with QA
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team to develop thoughtful, usable, and valuable products
- Create software you’re proud of and support it, even after it has been released
- Maintain a current understanding of emerging and relevant technologies
- Participate in departmental recruitment efforts
- Effectively communicate with your colleagues, both technical and non-technical
Software Engineer REQUIRED:
- Solid foundation in object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- 2+ years recent experience as a professional software engineer working on high-traffic, high-availability websites
- Expertise with at least one server-side technology such as Ruby, Python, PHP, or JSP
- Expertise with at least one mainstream RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle
- Experience building and deploying on UNIX or Linux
- Experience using a mainstream MVC web application framework such as Rails or Django
- Experience writing unit tests and using test-driven development
- Experience building software collaboratively using a mainstream revision control system such as Git, SVN, or Mercurial
- Experience integrating with third-parties/APIs
- Experience with web services and service-oriented architecture
Software Engineer DESIRED:
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience with developing mobile web applications or native applications
- Experience using JQuery
- Experience working with Agile or a similar software development methodology
- Experience deploying web applications using a cloud infrastructure
- Experience with non-relational/NoSQL databases such as CouchDB or MongoDB
- A genuine enjoyment of software engineering and building better software
We provide a competitive base “Software-Engineer-salary”/bonus package, health and dental benefits, and two weeks paid vacation and opportunity for those who excel.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.