Teacher Assistant the instructional staff in implementing plans and programs related to the academic or a specialized area to which assigned; performs various non-instructional tasks in direct support of the teaching-learning process. Work involves working directly with students individually or in small groups to reinforce subjects initially introduced by the teacher; assisting teachers in planning, implementing, and evaluating instructional lessons and programs; observing students and assessing their progress; participating in staff development activities; and the preparation of instructional materials. Work is planned and implemented under the direction of the principal and the professional staff.
- Job Title Teacher Assistant: Elementary Reg
- Location Pershing Hill Elementary
- Actual or Anticipated Actual
- FTE 1.0
- Closing Date 08/13/2014
- HR Staff/Support Staff Amy Reed
- Salary Grade Unit IV – SG 5/6
- Salary Range $17,350 to $33,668
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- Willingness to learn and implement instructional methods, strategies, and techniques to assist teachers in the education of students.
- Ability to exercise considerable patience, courtesy, tact, and good judgment in working with students, teachers, administrators, fellow employees and parents.
- Previous training and/or experience in an educational/instruction environment is preferred.
- Successful completion of all required tests.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse communities and develop outreach strategies to encourage parental involvement in student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and engage diverse parents/ guardians with varied communication styles, levels of skill and experience to support their child’s education experience.
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
Duties and Responsibilities
These examples are illustrative and not all inclusive:
- Works directly with the students individually or in small groups to reinforce subjects initially introduced by the teacher.
- Assists teachers in planning, implementing, and evaluating instructional lessons, methods, strategies and materials to meet the individual needs of students.
- Organizes materials (prescriptions) for each group/student.
- Sets up learning stations, laboratory, and activity centers.
- Supervises students while working; assists students having difficulty.
- Leads and/or facilitates group discussions, sharing time, individual recitation or individual work.
- Prepares a variety of instructional materials to include posters, charts, transparencies, game boards/cards, and other related materials.
- Assists with bulletin boards, exhibits and displays.
- Observes and gathers assessment data on students.
- Discusses observations/progress of students with instructional staff.
- May supervise lunch duties, playground and bus duties as directed.
- Assists in the administration of tests/assessment instruments.
- Records data to record books/master charts/assessment forms.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks including correcting work papers/tests, keeping daily attendance, maintaining appropriate student folders/records, and other related tasks as assigned.
- Works with teachers/students on special projects/lessons/assignments.
- Assists in storing, inventorying, and requisitioning of instructional materials, supplies, and equipment as directed.
- Aids in organization/housekeeping tasks for laboratory, learning stations, work areas, or other instructional settings.
- Attends and actively participates in staff development activities.
- Refer or accompany disruptive students to principal.
- Accompanies students on field trips.
- Assists in the development and implementation of daily lesson plans, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=70cfbe833435c8d3
More Teacher Jobs? Please CLICK HIRE