Workplace Alaska: Licensed Practical Nurse – Seward, AK
We seek a highly motivated and qualified Licensed Practical Nurse to join our diverse team and provide care to an under-served population. This full-time position works week on week off, 0600 to 1715, and functions primarily in an ambulatory care setting.
We are The Division of Health & Rehabilitation Services is currently recruiting for a Full-Time Licensed Practical Nurse position for Spring Creek Correctional Center (SCCC) in Seward, Alaska. Spring Creek Correctional Center is located in Seward, Alaska, a small seaside community with all the natural resources that Alaska is famous for; such as fishing, hiking trails, glaciers and wildlife, to name a few. Since Seward is on the road system, there is easy access to all the major cities.
We are seeking individuals who demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Triage and assess patients;
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments;
- Provide general nursing care to patients;
- Provide, participate, and assist in therapeutic activities;
- Maintain patient medical records;
- Observe, document, and report changes in the physical and mental conditions of the inmates;
- Be team-oriented; and
- Handle crisis situations in a calm and efficient manner.
If you answer yes to the following questions, this may be the perfect job match for you!
- Are you eligible for a State of Alaska LPN License?
- Are you interested in applying your nursing skills to an underserved population?
- Are you interested in working a week on and a week off schedule?
- Are you able to balance multiple tasks, prioritize workloads, and maintain flexibility?
- Are you able to function independently and handle various situations in a calm and efficient manner?
- Are you comfortable working in a secure facility environment?
The desired strengths that are essential to this LPN position include:
- Demonstrate an excellent job habits such as punctuality, attendance, and observation of safety regulations;
- Knowledge of communicable diseases, immunizations, and tuberculosis screening and control;
- Experience with medication, administration, and evaluation of responses to medicines; and
- Experience performing therapeutic procedures, such as dressing changes, monitoring blood sugar level, and drawing blood for example.
- The Department of Corrections offers all of its Nurses free unlimited access to Continuing Education Credits (CEU) through CE Direct.
This range 17 position is in the General Government collective bargaining unit.This individual post is EXEMPT from current hiring restrictions and is open to candidates who qualify.
Particular Note: SALARY ($4,482.00 – $5,344.00 Monthly)
The monthly salary for this position is dependent upon both difficulties in recruitment and the exceptional qualifications of the successful candidate as compared to the applicant pool.
- A diploma or certificate from an accredited school in practical nursing and eligibility for licensure as a practical nurse with the State of Alaska.
Special Requirements: Physical strength to lift, assist and transfer patients.
For some positions in this job class, a background investigation including fingerprinting is required.
- Applicants are required to either attach to their application or provide the following at time of interview:
- Three letters of professional reference.
- A copy of your current nursing license.
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Seward, AK