West Virginia University Hospitals for Manager, Nursing – Care Management in Morgantown, WV
Nursing Job Description Manages, coordinates, and evaluates all elements of financial, material and human resources in the provision of nursing care to assigned groups of patients in agreement with the service and missions of the institution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages personnel to ensure the availability of an appropriately credentialed, clinically
- competent, well developed cohesive workforce to meet patient care needs.
- Engages in commercial activities to ensure the availability of supplies, equipment, and human resources to meet patient care needs in a timely cost efficient manner.
- Maintains effective communication with Medical Staff, patients, staff, and other departments as necessary to assure identification of problems and provide problem resolution in support of the hospital’s mission of quality patient care delivery.
- Ensures the adherence to all standards and policies as set forth by WVUH and the accrediting bodies for licensure, regulation, and accreditation.
- Facilitates the professional development of personnel. Oversees and participates in the orientation, training, and continuing education of the staff (departmental and interdepartmental) and other health related personnel.
- Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates the delivery of nursing care by Standards of Practice and Standards of Care.
- Participates in outreach activities in the community, i.e. Speaker’s Bureau, to educate or promote healthy relationships.
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned.
WVUH offers excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement, and a healthy work environment. Visit our website www.wvuh.com to apply online, read a detailed job description, and to learn why West Virginia University Hospitals is widely considered a leading employer of choice.
- Bachelor of Science degree required.
- Four years nursing experience with at least two years management experience required.
- Current Licensure to practice professional nursing in West Virginia.