Additional Duty Location Info:
1 vacancy – Toledo, OH
As an RN Care Manager, the incumbent is primarily responsible for applying the nursing process to the care of veteran patients seen at the Toledo Community Based Outpatient Clinic. This includes, but is not limited to, assuring that appropriate documentation reflects assessment of patient needs, interdisciplinary treatment plans, disease based case management, and evaluation of patients’ responses to treatments. In addition, the nurseMount Sinai Medical Center: Nurse Practitioner - New York. Read more ... » delivers fundamental, knowledge-based care to adult and geriatric patients while developing technical competence in accordance with the Michigan Nurse Practice Act, Medical Center, and VAHQ standards of practice.
- Citizenship. Citizen of the United States.
- Graduation from School of Nursing. Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Registration/Licensure. A nurse will have a current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia. The RN must maintain a current, full, active and unrestricted registration to continue employment with VA.
- Education: Nurse I: Associate’s degree or diploma (state approved or NLNAC accredited. Nurse II: BSN (NLNAC or CCNE accredited) or Masters degree in nursing or related field with BSN (NLNAC or CCNE accredited) or Doctoral degree in nursing or related field (regionally accredited university or college). Nurse III: Master degree in nursing or related field with BSN (NLNAC or CCNE accredited) or Doctoral degree in nursing or related field (regionally accredited university or college).
- You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
- After appointment, you will be subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
- You must have a certification, licensure, or registration credentials in Registered Professional Nursing for this position.
- You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
- Applicants for this position must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to site specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
SALARY RANGE : 43,500.00 – 77,821.00 USD /year
OPEN PERIOD : Thursday, May 13, 2010 to Wednesday, May 26, 2010
SERIES & GRADE : VN-0610-1/2
POSITION INFORMATION : Full-Time Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL : 3
DUTY LOCATIONS : 1 vacancy – Toledo, OH
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED : Applications will be accepted from United States citizens.