University at Buffalo: Teaching Assistant Professor
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) seeks candidates for Teaching Assistant Professor positions, beginning with the 2016-2017 academic year. The primary purpose of these posts is to improve the educational experience for undergraduate students enrolled in our Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Aerospace Engineering (AE) programs. Consequently, a successful candidate will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
- Serve as Instructor for six or seven required undergraduate courses per academic year. These courses are expected to be at the sophomore, junior, and senior levels and may include a full spectrum of required courses, with a particular focus on Introduction to:
- Mechanical Engineering Practice (MAE277),
- Machines and Mechanisms (MAE 311),
- Manufacturing Processes (MAE 364),
- Engineering Materials (MAE 381),
- Design Process and Methods (MAE451),
- and Design Project (MAE 494).
- Design and implement plans for major departmental undergraduate activities, such as student advisement, industry internships, laboratory and instrumentation upgrades, student excellence initiatives, diversity enhancement and external educational grant support in collaboration with the MAE undergraduate studies committee. These plans should be consistent with the MAE ABET objectives and Realizing UB 2020. We are particularly looking for candidates who can operate effectively in a diverse community of students and faculty and share our vision of helping all constituents reach their full potential.
What is Minimum Qualifications?
The Teaching Assistant Professor candidate should have a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field. Ph.D. must be conferring before the appointment. Preferred Qualifications is Experience in teaching large undergraduate courses, such as those listed above, is preferred.
How much Teacher Salary Range? Salary Range is $50,000 – $75,000 this is very excellent teacher salary.
What are Special Instructions to Applicants?
Applicants must also answer the following question submitted as “Other Document 1”. Applications sent without a response to this issue will not be considered.
What skills do you see as necessary when choosing curriculum and learning activities for a diverse group of students? Give examples from your personal experience when you have developed or used those skills.
Applicants are specifically asked to emphasize their educational, not their research, accomplishments.
Job Position Title Teaching Assistant Professor
Classification Title Lecturer 10
Posting Number 1600479
Department 0314-Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Appointment Type 02 – Faculty
Job Type UUP Faculty