The Software Engineer works within the software engineering team to design, develop, document, maintain and unit test software applications for Hart InterCivic’s election systems business. This person is well versed in database design, queries, and stored procedure development. The Software Engineer is a heads down programmer with the broad skill set and will manage source code, support the defect resolution process, and stay current in their field of technology.
We have an Austin, TX client with an immediate need for a Software Engineer. This is a Contract position with a dynamic company working out of their office.
- Writes and/or supports the development of software. This involves not only software development but the creation of supporting documentation.
- Supports the software implementation process including software development tasks, software testing (unit, functional, system testing) and documentation tasks.
- Accurately plans, provided estimates, and delivers finished solutions in a timely manner per schedule.
- Works closely with SQA to coordinate efforts, provide quick turnaround, and produce positive results.
- Uses documented software development processes, software development standards and applicable regulatory (EAC, ISO) requirements to create software solutions.
- Develops a thorough understanding of HVS software development processes including source code management, quality process, requirements-driven development, and the defect tracking and resolution process.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the election industry, specifically focusing on user/voter experiences, election systems, certification standards and competing products.
- Participate in various team and company meetings including architecture meetings, design reviews, code reviews, test status meetings, and development team meetings.
- Communicates status of development activities to management.
- Some domestic travel. (Less than 5% of total work time, usually limited to 2-3 days in duration.)
A quilified candidate should have the following:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other technical degree and a minimum of five (5) years related Full Life Cycle OO application development experience.
- .Net framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and C# experience using Visual Studio (Windows Forms, WPF, data
- Experience with C/C++ and advanced data structures.
- Strong skills in relational database management systems (Sybase, SQL Server) with ability to both modify and enhance current database models, stored procedures, and functions.
- Experience with XML, XSLT (possibly XSL-FO)
- Multiple development platforms experience: Borland C++ Builder, Visual Studio (2005-2010), embedded Visual C++.
- Experience in User Interface design fundamentals.
- Strong analytical skills are essential, advanced algorithm design and implementation expected
- Ability to work effectively individually as well as in team environment.
source : http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=6a18787c227464cf&from=vj