Description of AccountantRooms To Go: Corporate Staff Accountant - Seffner, FL. Read more ... » Job
- Exercise basic accounting control over the department of Psychiatry. Coordinate and monitor expenditures, assist is preparation of operating budgets and subcontracts, create and maintain spreadsheets, and act as the Liaison for the University of Iowa.
- Regular: A position which is considered essential for the effective long-term operation of the university. Persons appointed to this position will receive the privileges and benefits associated with regular employment status.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review transactions for appropriateness of expenditures and reconcile differences with departments and sponsors
- Prepare and coordinate periodic and special reports for multi-site University administrators and grant agencies.
- Coordinate and control account activity with account sources.
- Open, monitor and close existing accounts within established guidelines by the University.
- Prepare original and corrected accounting entries.
- Assist in development and maintenance of account databases and reporting.
- Maintain liaison with participating individuals, Universities, National Institute of Mental Health and other private organizations.
- Answer questions and resolve account discrepancies both internal and external including international sites.
- Establish and monitor subcontracts accounts for multi and international sites.
- Prepare and process multi-site subcontract invoices and maintain spreadsheets on subject/site payments.
- Review, process and retain operational expenditures.
- Assist in preparation of multi-site operating budgets and grants including subcontracts.
- Handle program, project or study correspondence including inquiries and complaints from sites, staff, participants, and public.
- Calculate, process and set-up accounting for salary cap and cost sharing
- Other duties or projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Secure necessary supplies and equipment for completion of project.
- Candidate must have the ability to create, manipulate and extensively use Access databases and Excel spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting.
- Some accounting experience is required, six months to one year.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite software applications.
- Experience with budget preparation and monitoring.
- Knowledge of University practices, rules and regulations.
Salary: $33,280.00 to Commensurate
Pay Grade: 3A
Rita J Beers – firstname.lastname@example.org
JOHN PAPPAJOHN PAVILION
140 HAWKINS DR
IOWA CITY, IA 52242
Department URL: http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/psychiatry/
To apply Accountant Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/6p9cqnp