Description of TeacherThe Village School: High School History Teacher - Houston, TX. Read more ... » Job
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages youth to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Responsible for the delivery of the instructional program in the content area of assignment to include assessing students, providing individualized, competency based instructions, and ensuring a positive teaching/learning environment.
- May be required to work overtime and/or be on call.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with students, parents, administrators, and other professionals involved in the education of agency youth.
- Knowledge of state and federal education laws and regulations.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to implement Texas Education Agency (TEA) education policies and procedures.
- Ability to keep accurate files and records.
- Ability to convey and interpret information to students.
- Knowledge of subject matter to be taught and the ability to lead discussions.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, with possible occurrences of extreme heightened stress.
- Ability to review and implement agency policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and get along with others.
REQUIREMENTS of Teacher JobVirgin Islands Department of Education: English as a Second Language Teacher - St Thomas, VI. Read more ... »:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Valid Secondary Texas Teacher Certification in the specified subject assignment area.
- Must be highly qualified in all areas of teaching assignment.
This position is subject to mandatory pre-employment drug testing and any offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results from a drug screen conducted for the agency.
Failure to maintain required certification in the state of Texas will result in termination of employment. Any degree(s), semester hours, diploma(s), or GED required to meet minimum qualifications must be obtained from an accredited educational institution.
To apply Teacher Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/6qg8neh